There are 240 users in the forums

SO WHICH NINER FA IS SIGNED NEXT?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Looks go bud. I'm hoping Rogers gets done this week, and I think Costanzo and Morgan are right behind.

I'm surprised we haven't knocked out the easier ones like the tenders and Costanzo, etc.... I'm wondering if the small easier ones strategy is used or the work on the high priority to make sure you get them signed before the deadline. It's probably crazy... all at once but shouldn't guys like Brock sign right away if there is no negotiating to do.... unless we are working on more than a 1 year deal.

P.S. I mentioned on the combine thread were I see OTC was helping you out with notes for your site how good it looks. You ever consider any graphics of players on the sides or the banner. Either way it looks a lot more professional now and it's easier to read.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 28, 2012 at 6:08 PM ]

5 years 62 million dollars.
Originally posted by valrod33:

gotta steal my pic. I see how it is.
[ Edited by defenderDX on Feb 28, 2012 at 6:59 PM ]
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Was watching CSN Bay area and Matt Maiacco said Carlos Rogers thinks of himself as an elite CB and wants to get paid like one. Asomougha signed a 12 mill per year contract with the Eagles, if Rogers wants that he can gtfo in my opinion.

I dont think he'll be back.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Looks go bud. I'm hoping Rogers gets done this week, and I think Costanzo and Morgan are right behind.

I'm surprised we haven't knocked out the easier ones like the tenders and Costanzo, etc.... I'm wondering if the small easier ones strategy is used or the work on the high priority to make sure you get them signed before the deadline. It's probably crazy... all at once but shouldn't guys like Brock sign right away if there is no negotiating to do.... unless we are working on more than a 1 year deal.

P.S. I mentioned on the combine thread were I see OTC was helping you out with notes for your site how good it looks. You ever consider any graphics of players on the sides or the banner. Either way it looks a lot more professional now and it's easier to read.

Yeah I'm wondering why we haven't got Morgan, Costanzo, Brock signed. I'm not really worried, I think Costanzo is a lock, Brock obviously cant leave. And Morgan was at Niners HQ, so he is good as done.

And yeah I've been thinking of some graphics. Maybe College Logo's, Player pics, etc... And it's nice having OTC adding his knowledge, and thanks man, It does look better. And easier to keep updated. I've been having internet issues, finally got it back this thursday. I've been using my phone's internet so its a pain in the ass.
Rogers then smith
Originally posted by btthepunk:

I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE.
Brooks was the most important because he had the most leverage.

Spilman signed before because we need a quality back up at Safety and back up starter.

Rogers and Goldson don't have the leverage that Brooks had. Goldson can be franchised and Rogers will be let go to test the FA market if he gets too crazy with the numbers.

Constanzo is probably not a high priority. I think he likes being here and teams aren't going to go out FA special teamers right away. He's not that kind of player. Ted Ginn though is probably that kind of special teamer that teams will want.
i said lets sign our special team that are free agent

I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I was expecting Alex Smith to be signed first, Brooks was the least expected. So, my guess will be Adam Snyder....oh wait, CJ Spillman signed first mah bad.

Does anyone else think Alex is such a sure thing we are just working on others 1st?

Fixed, but I think you mean this.
ALEX "MOTHER f**kING STARTING QB" SMITH
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by valrod33:

gotta steal my pic. I see how it is.
If we could sign all of ourr FAs to a long term deal, but had to let Alex walk, would you do it?
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
costanzo...rogers.....morgan......smith.....goldson (in that order)

I agree with the order, but I think there is a good chance we grab a WR instead, and let Rogers walk.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE.

man, that jersey should be retired!
Share 49ersWebzone