There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SO WHICH NINER FA IS SIGNED NEXT?

Originally posted by KID9R:

4 We will not waste a 1st round pick on a third TE.

Never know. If the best player available is a big bodied TE who is a red zone threat then you don't think Harbaugh would want him?
Originally posted by Youngb:

Never know. If the best player available is a big bodied TE who is a red zone threat then you don't think Harbaugh would want him?

With Brooks back we may well be at BPA with the 1st and WR with the 2nd. Gonna be a great off season!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Manning will NEVER, ever happen. Way too much $ and JH really wants Alex. Alex wants to stay, he finally will be w/the same system and I bet he ddoes much better than last year. Manning goes to the [tick, tick, tick] the Ravens for one season so he can get the Colts.

Next FA to sign will be Morgan, then Costanzo.

Goldson will work a deal out [hopefully] Money is a huge motivator.

I think someone else shows Rogers the money. We get another good, affordable FA CB who saw how Rogers shined w/ our front 7 putting the heat on the opposition.

We then pick up WR Reggie Wayne.

We pick Fleener, McNutt and the BP CB.

And of course Big Foot is real and so is the Tooth Fairy and Superman.

1 Ravens have a QB, not going to happen.

2 We have way more money then the Ravens have. And most of the league for that matter.

3 Wayne will go where ever Payton goes IMO.

5 Alex will be back and I like McNutt as well

yea i dont think ravens are anywhere in the mix to get peyton...they have too many free agents to resign and holes to fill with a small cap space

i agree also that wayne will follow peyton but im sure a nice good price could lure him in bc manning could end up getting injured again and wayne will have to deal with a mix of below average QBs once again

I do however believe we could use our 1st round on Fleener bc he would add a dynamic mix to our offense and Harbaugh loves the kid. Fleener will improve our redzone efficiency and he will take pressure off of Vernon if he could be even half the player that Jimmy Graham is (i think he can be just as good tho). Walker is a FA next year and he might get offered a nice deal to be a featured TE somewhere.
costanzo...rogers.....morgan......smith.....goldson (in that order)
I really don't think the team is going to offer Rogers much of a contract. I think he will have to sign for significantly less money if he wants to stay in San Fran. Goldson will get tagged.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I was expecting Alex Smith to be signed first, Brooks was the least expected. So, my guess will be Adam Snyder....oh wait, CJ Spillman signed first mah bad.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I'd expect Snyder. He's valuable in his versatility, probably come cheap.
I think we'll sign Alex & Snyder plus core special team players like Costanzo and Gooden before free agency opens. I think we'll tag Goldson but he'll sign a long term deal eventually. I think Morgan will sign soon after free agency opens and we'll need to wait Rogers out.
Signed or Likely to Sign:
S CJ Spillman - Signed
OLB Ahmad Brooks - Signed
FS Dashon Goldson - Likely to be Tagged

CB Tramaine Brock - Exclusive Rights Tender - Can't negotiate with another team, has to at least sign 1 year 540K (according to AB) or sit out the season
DE Will Tukuafu - Should be Tendered for 465K for 1 year (according to AB)
LB Blake Costanzo - Probably close to Spillman's deal.

Guys Worth Considering to Re-sign:
QB Alex Smith
WR Joshua Morgan
CB Carlos Rogers
WR Ted Ginn
G Adam Snyder
LB Tavares Gooden
LB Larry Grant
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 28, 2012 at 4:34 PM ]
He still has two weeks, but if I'm Joshua Morgan I'm telling my agent to get me signed to a reasonable deal ASAP. I wouldn't want the Niners to have once chance to sniff around the FA WR pool without me already getting paid.
Snyder isn't a priority at all. He's a borderline starter at best. There are plenty of guys just as good if not better than him out this offseason.

He's the guy that definitely come back on management's terms.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I was expecting Alex Smith to be signed first, Brooks was the least expected. So, my guess will be Adam Snyder....oh wait, CJ Spillman signed first mah bad.

Does anyone else think Alex is such a sure thing we are just working on others 1st?
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 28, 2012 at 10:04 PM ]
Hopefully Alex Smith, it'd be nice to have our QB locked up. I'm pretty sure Goldson is going to get tagged. So hopefully either Alex or Rogers. I'm going to say Alex.
Originally posted by sachie23:
I really don't think the team is going to offer Rogers much of a contract. I think he will have to sign for significantly less money if he wants to stay in San Fran. Goldson will get tagged.

My guess is we tag Goldson and draft his replacement, maybe in the 1st. If we can't get a deal done this offseason, why would we get one done next year? We have the money, but if we dont use it, its clear we dont think he is worth it. The willingness to pay Brooks what we did tells me we pay guys we deem worthy.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Signed or Likely to Sign:
S CJ Spillman - Signed
OLB Ahmad Brooks - Signed
FS Dashon Goldson - Likely to be Tagged

CB Tramaine Brock - Exclusive Rights Tender - Can't negotiate with another team, has to at least sign 1 year 540K (according to AB) or sit out the season
DE Will Tukuafu - Should be Tendered for 465K for 1 year (according to AB)
LB Blake Costanzo - Probably close to Spillman's deal.

Guys Worth Considering to Re-sign:
QB Alex Smith
WR Joshua Morgan
CB Carlos Rogers
WR Ted Ginn
G Adam Snyder
LB Tavares Gooden
LB Larry Grant

Looks go bud. I'm hoping Rogers gets done this week, and I think Costanzo and Morgan are right behind.