LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Deal Done for Ahmad Brooks (6yr @ $44.5 million)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Paul:
he is worth $7 million a year??

They are going to have a ton of cash locked up in the LB's once Bowman hits free agency. Maybe the contract if front loaded while we have Bowman and Smith cheap
Does La Douche really tag his tweets with #insideslant? Man I cant stand that guy
  • cgida
  • Veteran
Hell yeah!!! Love this
  • fan49
  • Veteran
good. all the ideas of wastin a pick in 1st on an olb out the window
Originally posted by Tman:
Lacanfora is a douche

dont be surprised if this is completely wrong

This.
Originally posted by sachie23:
that's a lot of money. I actually have faith in this front office though so I'll go with it. I have a feeling they are going to tag Goldson and let Rogers walk if he doesn't take a hometown discount. I can't see them paying a 31 year old corner big money.

I could see us paying big money for Rogers on a 3 year deal. But I don't wanna be paying a 35 year old corner double digit millions. So I'd propose either 3 years/$30M or 5 years/$50M IF we can cut him after the 3rd year with very little consequence.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Looks like the Mock I just posted need to be adjusted, huh? Gladly, will do it. This is one of the best signings for us. Baalke's at it again! So now this looks like Carlos Rogers is the odd man out. I honestly thought that it would be Brooks.

Guess Baalke is taking care of his priorities for this team. Spillman and now Brooks. Speaks volumes, huh?

Yep... really like the decisions made. Brooks had the 3rd most pressures last year and I like him returning. Rogers probably has to hit the road. They like Brown and Culliver, as do I, but it's time to start looking closer at the CBs.
AWESOME........for all of those people who are going WHAT? You don't know football.

Ahmad Brooks is a stud, without Brooks we would have been "screwed"......it takes a rush on both sides and he's an everydown linebacker. He's a monster on the edge. It would have been almost impossible to get a linebacker in the draft to play the 3-4 outside backer and start for us.

And if we were going to try and get a a FA guy, the guy probably wouldn't be close to Brooks.

I hope this report is right.
I really expected us to lose him. Mad props to Baalke and Paraag for getting this done. We are keeping the best OLB on the market really. There's no FA out there better than Brooks.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:
Does La Douche really tag his tweets with #insideslant? Man I cant stand that guy

I stopped following him on Twitter and I cant stand him.

Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by ninertico:
Looks like the Mock I just posted need to be adjusted, huh? Gladly, will do it. This is one of the best signings for us. Baalke's at it again! So now this looks like Carlos Rogers is the odd man out. I honestly thought that it would be Brooks.

Guess Baalke is taking care of his priorities for this team. Spillman and now Brooks. Speaks volumes, huh?

Yep... really like the decisions made. Brooks had the 3rd most pressures last year and I like him returning. Rogers probably has to hit the road. They like Brown and Culliver, as do I, but it's time to start looking closer at the CBs.

And Sus, I think that Rogers will take a hometown discount to stay with this team as he loves it here. Maybe one full of incentives to still create a FO friendly contract to sign other players. Would still love to keep Rogers, but not for a five year contract. Three sounds great to me.
Boooyaaaa.....that would be nice if this were true.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
sounds like a lot for what he does. I'm a big fan, but don't think he's worth that.
Originally posted by midrdan:
I like the signing and would guess that only 10-12 million of this is guaranteed.

Regarding Grant - what if we gave him a 2nd round tender? What would that cost? I'd hate to see Grant go, but essentially trading him for a 2nd rounder would be acceptable.

That would cost $1.94 million
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by valrod33:

I stopped following him on Twitter and I cant stand him.

Me too but I sat that tag in the op
Share 49ersWebzone