There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Are you worried about Vernon Davis?

Are you worried about Vernon Davis?

go watch the talk we had with one of the analysts after the saints game. It was all about me, me, me. not the team. And the first TD catch he got in the giants game he had a very T.O like celebration it might be just the playoffs getting to him or something else, want to hear some opinions
[ Edited by NinerDieHard on Feb 22, 2012 at 4:27 PM ]
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
No.
He may still be a little immature but the huge difference is unlike TO he supports his QB.

The way he smiled when Alex took the stage to accept the award for Harbaugh....said it all.
Is this a serious thread?

Seriously?
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerDieHard:
go watch the talk we had with one of the analysts after the saints game. It was all about me, me, me. not the team. And the first TD catch he got in the giants game he had a very T.O like celebration it might be just the playoffs getting to him or something else, want to hear some opinions

Nope. He also praises he teammates endlessly and seems more emotional about the success of the niners vs his own success. TO was all about himself. In his eyes the team could only win if he was successful. I don't see that in Vernon. Look at the 2 years with Singletary where he became another tackle. He can be immature as demonstrated by his TD celebration, but I really believe he didn't think that it would be a penalty. For me it wasn't a premeditated celebration like TO pulling a sharpie out of his sock.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Is this a serious thread?

Seriously?

yes it is (see number of posts... i'm a noob!) he did have a similar attitude earlier in his career not saying he will be the next T.O but nothing is impossible i see it as more of an immaturity which will be fixed but it's never out of the possibility
My thought is this...

Vernon Davis loves his team, but he takes pride in being considered a team leader. He'll take the spotlight because he wants to lead his team to victory, not necessarily because he wants to have huge statistical totals and be seen throughout the league as a superstar player.

Remember that all season he had only above-average receiving totals. He never complained because we were winning. Sure, he would've liked to have gotten the ball more as a receiver, but the team was winning, and that's all that matters.
my only concern with him is how functional he'll be when he can no longer run by ppl, other than that i'm good
Originally posted by Wubbie:
My thought is this...

Vernon Davis loves his team, but he takes pride in being considered a team leader. He'll take the spotlight because he wants to lead his team to victory, not necessarily because he wants to have huge statistical totals and be seen throughout the league as a superstar player.

Remember that all season he had only above-average receiving totals. He never complained because we were winning. Sure, he would've liked to have gotten the ball more as a receiver, but the team was winning, and that's all that matters.

that came to mind too but what can i say i'm pessimistic it's a possibility idk if it will show up in the regular season then we should worry right now i don't think it's a huge problem (wow just answered my own question)
Originally posted by crabman82:
my only concern with him is how functional he'll be when he can no longer run by ppl, other than that i'm good

That just depends on how committed he is to improving his technical abilities. Many players rely on their physical talents, but develop their skills over time so that they can still play as they age. Vernon Davis strikes me as the type of guy with a strong work ethic. He'll keep himself in shape for a very long time, but will also continue to improve himself as a tight end.

He's entering his prime though, so (barring a major injury) he's still going to be an extremely productive tight end for several more years.
Are you serious? He was all about the team. He was just stating that he has to be a team leader. Show the guys how to get it done. Seriously, you need to give your head a shake.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Are you serious? He was all about the team. He was just stating that he has to be a team leader. Show the guys how to get it done. Seriously, you need to give your head a shake.

Not anymore my heads messed up enough...
offseason threads
Only about his consorting with Obama . . . j/k

No!
I'll admit that the celebration penalty rubbed me the wrong way and struck me as surprisingly out of character, but I'm not worried about him back sliding into his previous form.