Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jennings unhappy with additions of long snappers

Brian plans to play until he is 40.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by spizzy:
IT doesn't say he is upset...just the opinion of the writer.

It said he was upset after we added the guy to the futures contract, and he is most likely unhappy with this as well. That seems like atleast some mild discomfort to me. Besides, what else are we going to talk about? Can Jim Harbaugh play OLB or why isn't Peyton Manning on the 49ers?

Meh...still incorrect. Jennings is a 10-year vet. How do you know he didn't go to JH and tell him he is planning to retire after next year and to bring in someone so Jennings can help the new guy develop?

How is that incorrect though? I am just saying that's what the article said. I never said the article is correct. I can't possibly post something that wasn't reported dude. How do we know Jennings didnt shoot lightning out of his ass and make Seely mad so he wants to replace him? Same thing lol. Besides, I doubt they'd be grooming a 32 year old guy to take over for him. The guys are probably just depth though.

The article isn't correct. It's an opinion. Man, I hate that about "journalists" these days.
settle the thing wirh a snap off
Maybe they want to lower salaries everywhere they can.
Originally posted by Joecool:
IT doesn't say he is upset...just the opinion of the writer.

It said he was upset after we added the guy to the futures contract, and he is most likely unhappy with this as well. That seems like atleast some mild discomfort to me. Besides, what else are we going to talk about? Can Jim Harbaugh play OLB or why isn't Peyton Manning on the 49ers?

Meh...still incorrect. Jennings is a 10-year vet. How do you know he didn't go to JH and tell him he is planning to retire after next year and to bring in someone so Jennings can help the new guy develop?

How is that incorrect though? I am just saying that's what the article said. I never said the article is correct. I can't possibly post something that wasn't reported dude. How do we know Jennings didn't shoot lightning out of his ass and make Seely mad so he wants to replace him? Same thing lol. Besides, I doubt they'd be grooming a 32 year old guy to take over for him. The guys are probably just depth though.
The article didn't say Jennings was upset. It said that the writer thought that Jennings was upset. DON'T MAKE SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING!

There is no issue here. Jennings is a 10-year man and a professional.
Jennings isnt going anywhere im guessing. My guess is they are bringing guyss to come in and work with the team and if they need to fill in due to injury then they know who they like and works well with our team.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
The article didn't say Jennings was upset. It said that the writer thought that Jennings was upset. DON'T MAKE SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING!

lol
The title of this thread is "Jennings unhappy with additions of long snappers"

The article says:
Quote:

Jennings is signed through 2014 and is scheduled to make $875,000 in base slary in 2012. Jennings was not happy when he learned the 49ers signed Nelson.

Nelson is a longsnapper
Not happy = unhappy
He didn't "make something out of nothing"
[ Edited by ImaMod on Feb 25, 2012 at 7:25 PM ]
  • 2w2k
  • Veteran
Seriously doe, Jennings has been flawless and long snappers never have competition. WHATS JIMS DEAL

Jim's deal is that he wants the special team to be #1. Long snapper has to run around the field after a snap to participate in blocking and schemes. Jennings thinks he only has to snap. Time to find someone to do what he is told.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:

lol
The title of this thread is "Jennings unhappy with additions of long snappers"

The article says:
Quote:

Jennings is signed through 2014 and is scheduled to make $875,000 in base slary in 2012. Jennings was not happy when he learned the 49ers signed Nelson.

Nelson is a longsnapper
Not happy = unhappy
He didn't "make something out of nothing"

THANK YOU! lol
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
honestly if they are 3 long snappers only... what IS the point? Do we have 3 kickers and 3 additional punters? I think you could argue that all three of those positions have played at a very high level. I believe these guys were brought in potentially for more than just long snapping.

The article says that the ex brown LS was also a C and was drafted in the 5th round... I have to think he was drafted that high for his abilities at C and not LS. Based on the uncertainty along the OL especially Rachal and Snyder... I assume he was brought in to have a shot at C, but the fact that he can also LS is a plus. IMO he won't make the team unless he has the potential to add depth along the line.

As for the young guy, Nelson, he was signed to a futures contract... but he has been listed as a FB and TE as well as LS. I don't believe either guy was signed as a replacement for Jennings. The key to both is that they offer flexibility. There is no question the niners value a player that can fill mutiple roles. My guess is that neither make the team, but if they do it will be because of their ability to do more than just snap the ball. In Nelson's case he may make the PS if he shows some potential at FB or TE.
tough
Only one will make the roster.May the best man win.

Its good for Jennings to have some competition and have a fire lit. This team is on verge of greatness, true greatness. Anyone that doesn't carry their weight is expendable. I expect Jennings to win, but if he doesnt than i have full faith that the coaches have chosen the best player to take the field.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
They can't compete with this

i stared at this for like ten minutes, did you just hypnotize me?
We have a good long snapper. Why are we signing all these long snappers?.....
Booooo hoooo frinken hoooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home