There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Get A Better Veteran QB... Manning?

ESPN Is saying the Dolphins might be interested in Payton Manning. I wish Our 49ers would get him. just because Alex Smith had one good season does not mean he will again. he is a UN-Proven QB. the only thing up until this past season that has been proven is he can have many bad seasons in a row. Smith has had 1 good year out of 7. thats not to good. on the plus side, Jim coming in, In his first year as head coach & Smith Improving on the field was great until he fell apart in the NFC Championship & 4th Q fell sent our team from the playoffs. Its not all Smith's fault of course with Kyle's Williams 3 mishaps. but Alex did NOTHING in the 4th Q. d waid you see Alex Smith Smile & laugh after throwing crappy passes at receivers feet when there was no pressure on him & the receiver was wide open?... but anyways we have heard it all before. We NEED a Good Backup Just In case Smiths 2011 season was a fluke. I'm still gun shy to Alex Smith. We have had way to many bad seasons in a row with him to think he will be able to have two great seasons in a row. he has not proven anything YET.
[ Edited by 69MiNdFrEaK on Feb 22, 2012 at 12:25 PM ]
is Peyton Manning going to be available? I can't believe no one has noticed this yet!
Originally posted by 69MiNdFrEaK:
ESPN Is saying the Dolphins might be interested in Payton Manning. I wish Our 49ers would get him. just because Alex Smith had one good season does not mean he will again. he is a UN-Proven QB. Smith has had 1 good year out of 7. thats not to good. on the plus side, Jim coming in & in his first year making Smith playing much better is great until he fell apart in the NFC Championship & 4th Q fell apart. Not all Smith's fault of course with Kyle's Williams 3 mishaps. but Alex did NOTHING in the 4th Q. then was laughing after throwing crappy passes at receivers feet when there was no pressure on him & the receiver was wide open. but anyways we have heard it all before. We NEED a Good Backup Just In case Smiths 2011 season was a fluke. I'm still gun shy to Alex Smith. We have had way to mant bad seasons with him to think he will be able to have two great seasons in a row. he had not proved anything YET.

u know what else is unproven, whether your gettin 2004 peyton manning or the typical HOF qb going to another team at the end of his career only to fizzle out and leave u wishing he just woulda retired
  • bors
  • Veteran
ZOMG WUT
What a novel idea.
I guess we are giving up on Colin Kaepernick already
Originally posted by HessianDud:
is Peyton Manning going to be available? I can't believe no one has noticed this yet!
ESPN was going through scenarios if Payton was to leave the Colts. they were speaking like there was no question he would be leaving Indy. I think the colts are ready to move on from Manning. bad for them, good for other teams. i think manning has 3 to 4 more GREAT years left in him.
Ok...after reading all of that, I notice something. You are wanting the 49ers to sign Peyton Manning. Which, has already been talked to death in several other threads and articles, but whatever. But then I see your line "We NEED a Good Backup Just In case Smiths 2011 season was a fluke." So you are wanting to sign Manning to BACK-UP Alex Smith?? Yeah with Manning's ego, I'm sure he'd do that in a heartbeat...
Originally posted by valrod33:
I guess we are giving up on Colin Kaepernick already
Colin was a Rookie & still basically is. i say get Payton as #2 & Colin #3. Colin could learn more from Peyton then he could from Smith.
ESPN Is saying the Dolphins might be interested in Payton Manning. I wish Our 49ers would get him. just because Alex Smith had one good season does not mean he will again. he is a UN-Proven QB. the only thing up until this past season that has been proven is he can have many bad seasons in a row. Smith has had 1 good year out of 7. thats not to good. on the plus side, Jim coming in, In his first year as head coach & Smith Improving on the field was great until he fell apart in the NFC Championship & 4th Q fell sent our team from the playoffs. Its not all Smith's fault of course with Kyle's Williams 3 mishaps. but Alex did NOTHING in the 4th Q. d waid you see Alex Smith Smile & laugh after throwing crappy passes at receivers feet when there was no pressure on him & the receiver was wide open?... but anyways we have heard it all before. We NEED a Good Backup Just In case Smiths 2011 season was a fluke. I'm still gun shy to Alex Smith. We have had way to many bad seasons in a row with him to think he will be able to have two great seasons in a row. he has not proven anything YET.

Did one of the other 49ers forums just go through a major purge and now the Webzone is getting the undesirables???
ESPN was going through scenarios if Payton was to leave the Colts. they were speaking like there was no question he would be leaving Indy. I think the colts are ready to move on from Manning. bad for them, good for other teams. i think manning has 3 to 4 more GREAT years left in him.

i was joking, this conversation has been beaten to death.

Manning is done. His career is deader than this conversation.

the only horse more dead than this conversation is the Indianapolis Colts.

etc.
[ Edited by HessianDud on Feb 22, 2012 at 12:30 PM ]
Colin was a Rookie & still basically is. i say get Payton as #2 & Colin #3. Colin could learn more from Peyton then he could from Smith.

Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that this guy alternates the spelling of Manning's name twice in consecutive sentences?

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 22, 2012 at 12:31 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that this guy alternates the spelling of Manning's name twice in consecutive sentences?

i think he's saying that we should get Sean Payton to be our #2 QB. Unlikely, given his history with Harbaugh.
Based on what? He has had 4 neck surgeries he still doesnt have his arm strength back and there is no telling when or if he will ever get it back

You should read this article
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/02/15/peyton/index.html
There are Manning threads already.

Posters need to use the proper forums and use the search function.

Quit posting FA stuff in ninertalk.