There are 109 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Donte Whitner on NFL Total Access Today - 4pm PST

Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
6 for 60?!?!?

I just threw up.

I think Harbaugh might hate you dude. He seems to enjoy causing you physical and psychological harm
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Anyone else annoyed at the fact that they had the balls to ask Whitner about Kyle Williams and question whether Alex Smith is our guy???

I mean with the Brady Quinn stuff pretty fresh off the presses, this is all in bad form. Plus it's indirectly challenging Alex Smith yet again.......it's not like Alex threw 3 picks in that game!!

Hope no one asked Ravens players if Flacco is still their guy...

I hope I'm not the only one annoyed by that. The only thing I did like from the interview was Donte's honesty.........he is a really likable guy and gives us fans a lot of hope in 2012 and beyond.

Brady Quinn stuff? You mean the Tebow beef?

Yeah.
Wonder what all the KW defenders will say if/after they watch the clip. It's clear to the fans and clear to the players: KW cost us the game with his moronic play, and the muff in particular just threw off our entire game plan.

BTW, they use a new angle to show the muff, which tells 2 new things. 1) It's much more apparent that the ball hits him in real time and 2) KW momentarily starts for the ball, but then decides f**k it too much effort? WTF? If there was any question in his mind that he touched it, he should have gone after the ball. Though he could have just fumbled again, at least it could have gotten knocked around a bit instead of letting the NYG player just pick it up off the ground.

His confidence and belief in the team going forward, however, gives me hope that we're gonna beat the hell out of fools next year.
[ Edited by merm49 on Feb 21, 2012 at 10:41 PM ]
Originally posted by merm49:
Wonder what all the KW defenders will say if/after they watch the clip. It's clear to the fans and clear to the players: KW cost us the game with his moronic play, and the muff in particular just threw off our entire game plan.

BTW, they use a new angle to show the muff, which tells 2 new things. 1) It's much more apparent that the ball hits him in real time and 2) KW momentarily starts for the ball, but then decides f**k it too much effort? WTF? If there was any question in his mind that he touched it, he should have gone after the ball. Though he could have just fumbled again, at least it could have gotten knocked around a bit instead of letting the NYG player just pick it up off the ground.

His confidence and belief in the team going forward, however, gives me hope that we're gonna beat the hell out of fools next year.
Yeah he clearly knew it bounced off him, started after the ball for a half second and then thought the best choice was to pretend that that didn't just happen and hope everyone would buy it. The refs did but there's Instant Replay! You have to go after that ball KW.
I think there is no way he can come back to the team after this. The more time goes by and people are going to forever hate this guy, even some of his teammates obviously. Just don't think he can come back to the squad.. he's forever going to be "that guy". He did this too early in his career here.. at least Roger Craig waited till the end of his career.
Damn Whitner didnt mince his words, it is what it is.

KW,Undisciplined every time he touched the ball. He couldn't slow the game down. Whitner is cool and articulate, he said what all we fans believe. The hit on Pierre Thomas is lights out.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by Muggins:
LaCanfora is saying Alex could get a 6-year 60-Million contract. Haha

It better have a 2 year escape clause.

My mouth almost dropped when he said 60M 6yr deal, but yeah it better have multiple roster bonuses in his new deal.

I think Goldson gets tagged for $6.2M, Grant gets 2nd-round tender($1.927M), Spillman gets Original tender($1.26M), Costanzo gets a 2yr deal, Alex gets a 4 or 5 year deal worth 10M a yr. Rogers stays, 6M a yr deal. Then it gets real exciting. Snyder, Brooks and Ginn. Snyder to me is worth only a 2yr 6M deal. Ginn is a 1yr deal guy maybe 2yrs. Brooks might be the one thats gone, might get 8M a yr offer, if so, we can look at Ravens OLB Jarrett Johnson.

Oh and WR, I think its either Vincent Jackson outright, or we sign Mike Wallace, as I think he gets 1st round RFA tender, which is like 2.57M, we sign him for 5yrs, and he is the highest Paid Player in yr 1 for our Free Agent signings. Give up our 1st, which is fine, we get our top WR.

I dont see Rogers settling for 6 million a year after a pro bowl season. I can see him signing a 3 year 30 million dollar deal.
pay the man , whatever he wants
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by Muggins:
LaCanfora is saying Alex could get a 6-year 60-Million contract. Haha

It better have a 2 year escape clause.

My mouth almost dropped when he said 60M 6yr deal, but yeah it better have multiple roster bonuses in his new deal.

I think Goldson gets tagged for $6.2M, Grant gets 2nd-round tender($1.927M), Spillman gets Original tender($1.26M), Costanzo gets a 2yr deal, Alex gets a 4 or 5 year deal worth 10M a yr. Rogers stays, 6M a yr deal. Then it gets real exciting. Snyder, Brooks and Ginn. Snyder to me is worth only a 2yr 6M deal. Ginn is a 1yr deal guy maybe 2yrs. Brooks might be the one thats gone, might get 8M a yr offer, if so, we can look at Ravens OLB Jarrett Johnson.

Oh and WR, I think its either Vincent Jackson outright, or we sign Mike Wallace, as I think he gets 1st round RFA tender, which is like 2.57M, we sign him for 5yrs, and he is the highest Paid Player in yr 1 for our Free Agent signings. Give up our 1st, which is fine, we get our top WR.

I dont see Rogers settling for 6 million a year after a pro bowl season. I can see him signing a 3 year 30 million dollar deal.
pay the man , whatever he wants

I bet they structure Alex's contract to be able to sign other players and then fill it with incentives. Alex just seem like the type of guy who would give the home team a discount. To me, it's starts with his contract and then the others will follow.
Good to hear him be honest and not take the PC route. Knowing that the players feel the same way as many of us, Kyle Williams fan boys excluded, makes me feel even more strongly that he shouldn't be back next year.

More KW excuses in 3...2...1...
Whitner said on NFL.com that if Justin Smith is MVP, Navorro is CO-MVP....

Also that a lot of Aldon's sacks came because of Justin's push.
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
Good to hear him be honest and not take the PC route. Knowing that the players feel the same way as many of us, Kyle Williams fan boys excluded, makes me feel even more strongly that he shouldn't be back next year.

More KW excuses in 3...2...1...

He 100% tanked us. Regardless of what other people say about other aspects of our team. But the same can be said for the Saints. They played just as good or better than us but turned it over 5 times. So woulda, coulda, shoulda. Doesn't mean a damn thing. We played well but turned it over and it beat us. The same way we beat the Saints. Turnovers usually do it in the playoffs.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Wonder what all the KW defenders will say if/after they watch the clip.

Same thing I said after the game.

He made one stupid play, one bad play, and one "WTF was the OC thinking with the reverse in the rain" play. It doesn't mean he can't be a good player in the future, though. If he earns his spot, more power to him. We'll just have to wait and see.

I'm just not going to say we should cut him because he's to blame for the loss.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Wonder what all the KW defenders will say if/after they watch the clip.

Same thing I said after the game.

He made one stupid play, one bad play, and one "WTF was the OC thinking with the reverse in the rain" play. It doesn't mean he can't be a good player in the future, though. If he earns his spot, more power to him. We'll just have to wait and see.

I'm just not going to say we should cut him because he's to blame for the loss.

+1