LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 145 users in the forums

WILL YOU CHEER OR BOO KYLE WILLIAMS THE FIRST TIME YOU SEE HIM ON THE FIELD?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

WILL YOU CHEER OR BOO KYLE WILLIAMS THE FIRST TIME YOU SEE HIM ON THE FIELD?

Originally posted by crabman82:
such a shame, you'd figure a loser franchise like atlanta or jacksonville would do this, we're the 5 time sb champs, we should act with more class, tip the cap to the giants and support kw going forward, wont happen though, too many are bent about it and some of them were probably the guys in mid november who wanted to see more of kw on the field, remember those threads?

Thank you!!!!
wonder how many of the 40% even go to games to boo him in the 1st place.
Originally posted by 99problems:
wonder how many of the 40% even go to games to boo him in the 1st place.

meh, u could boo from the couch at home and even though he wont hear ya, it still makes u a bitter loser who cant get over s**t
41% of the you need to grow up... I swear sometimes I'm embarrassed to be a 49ers fan just because I'm always having to make excuses for the dumb asses who think winning or losing is actually the end of the world. Seriously, win or lose I'm here cheering... Win or lose I'm a fan... I don't change my mind play by play or player by player.. One field goal away from a superbowl and still not happy.... Who would of thought?
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Yup, because everyone knew Wes Welker was going to be one of the most productive WRs in the league, too.

I dare not say, but even your great Joe Montana wasn't, okay, here we go now, perfect. In Super Bowls? Yes. In Championship games? Absolutely not.

Hell, we should cut every player that started out making mistakes while we're at it. Sorry, we can no longer have Anthony Davis (how many false starts in 2010?), Vernon Davis (he was a self-centered player not producing) and Frank Gore (fumblitis early on in his career).

Fact of the matter is that players make mistakes. He has not made many mistakes, it's just that he made mistakes in a BIG game. But, nevermind. All in all we didn't lose just because of KW, but sadly, he'll be the one taking the blame. Play as a team, lose as a team.

Dude you should be happy I'm even replying to you for your ignorant post. Joe Montana never turned over a ball in the Super Bowl. His first post season was a Super Bowl victory. Anthony Davis never caused false starts a play before the Super Bowl, Frank Gore never coughed up a ball in the playoffs. Vernon Davis came alive in the playoffs not give the game away! Of course Kyle Williams is forgiven! At least by me. But a wise man isn't going to make the same mistake in cycle. Like I said Kyle Williams choked in his last college bowl game, he fumbled 3times in the championship game. Use your head Boy!
41%? LOL. Such a double standard on NT.

Does he deserve to be booed? Yes. Will he be booed? Yes. Will NT be outraged when he is? Probably not (see first line of this post).
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
All I know is he better not be caught slippin in my hood.
Absolutely would not boo him. But why cheer him...
Originally posted by KSchuerman:
41% of the you need to grow up... I swear sometimes I'm embarrassed to be a 49ers fan just because I'm always having to make excuses for the dumb asses who think winning or losing is actually the end of the world. Seriously, win or lose I'm here cheering... Win or lose I'm a fan... I don't change my mind play by play or player by player.. One field goal away from a superbowl and still not happy.... Who would of thought?

Dude. Shut up!
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Kyle Williams, despite whatever he does, will always be remembered as the guy who cost the 49ers a legit chance to win a Super Bowl.

He has no chance for redemption unless we win a title with him making a big contribution (both of which are unlikely).

Our chance to win a SB was this year...and Kyle Williams is THE main reason we didn't see it happen. f**k HIM.

I don't understand this line of thinking in respect to our SB chances.

Are you saying we don't have a chance to win a SB next year?

I beg to differ. We have as good a chance as anyone else and a much better chance than 90% of the league.

No I agree that we have as good a chance as anyone...problem is that puts our chances at what...1/8, 1/6 at best. There are way too many variables involved to think that we'll get as good a shot as we had this year. The ball bounced our way for the most part this season. Next year we might suffer a rash of injuries for example. Look at GB...they were amazing all season long and were one and done. We were in position to win this year. We were clearly the best team when you add up O, D, and ST. Unfortunately, 2 blunders by a bonehead + a terrible officiating call destroyed our dream season.

I also feel that although we have a great shot, we lack a great QB and most teams that are perennial contenders have great QBs. The idea is that as long as you keep that QB, you can withstand offseason turnover. We aren't a team that has a QB at the core...he's just a piece...that's a problem. You could put Eli, a healthy Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers on any team and they'd be an instant contender which is why those teams are always in it despite the supporting cast potentially changing.

Originally posted by Niners99:
Why would you cheer him? You don't have to boo, but he's got a lot of work to do in gaining the fans support back.

Yea. I'd be pretty stone faced until he either impressed with me positive play on multiple occassions or sickened me with some stupid mistake that he has become known for.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ace49ers:
many will boo him, I just want him to make amends.

See that's the problem. He can't make amends. Even if he catches 80 balls for 1100 yards and 10 TDs next year, it won't mean s**t unless we win a SB. He failed on the biggest stage and probably will never have a chance to right that wrong.

Sure it would.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
obsess much?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Absolutely would not boo him. But why cheer him...

A touchdown. A first down reception. A long run after catch. You know...like any other team member. You will cheer as well. You will be a prisoner of the moment.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Kyle Williams, despite whatever he does, will always be remembered as the guy who cost the 49ers a legit chance to win a Super Bowl.

He has no chance for redemption unless we win a title with him making a big contribution (both of which are unlikely).

Our chance to win a SB was this year...and Kyle Williams is THE main reason we didn't see it happen. f**k HIM.

I thought 3 for 13 on 3rd downs, the fact that we had the opportunity to march down the field and get a field goal but NO we had another 3 and out instead, was the main reason we lost?

I'll try to come up with an analogy here, say a chicken is crossing the road, it has like 9 opportunities to cross that road, but instead stands right in the middle of the lane. When a car finally hits it, you blame the car?

Williams just sealed the deal, obviously you want a receiver who's like 5th or 6th on the depth chart to step up but that's a ton of pressure for someone who never usually even starts. We weren't getting the usual turnovers(we'd have been decimated against the saints the previous week without those turnovers), it was just a matter of time before our 3 and outs caught up to us.

I remember one of the commentators saying that the Patriots failed to take advantage of opportunities in their first superbowl meeting against the Giants, ultimately that's how I see our game against them. A bunch of failed chances to make game changing plays. When a game changing play inevitably goes there way you can't just blame the guy who hammered the last nail in the coffin.

If you boo him you should also boo alex and crabtree.
[ Edited by mike on Feb 20, 2012 at 11:19 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone