There are 278 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is there any 49er that is more over-rated than Delanie Walker?

This dude is soooooooooooooooo jekyll and hyde it ant funny. Hes even won a game for us being the only guy with a TD. He still needs more work, I'd rather stay with a guy we know that is a project then go looking for someone else. Walker knows the system and is more than handy in STs.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
In a steady rain with a wet ball nothing is "routine". Ridley fumbled twice, Vereen fumbled once, Kaep fumbled like 3-4 times on QB center exchanges (it doesn't get more routine than that), Ginn muffed a punt,

Walker was contacted by a Pats defender as he hits the turf and must maintain control throughout the act of the catch. Clearly redeemed himself with that one. Took a potential score off the board with the fumble.. got it back with the catch.

So, we've gotten to the point where we praise him for what is routinely expected for every single NFL receiver...do you realize how silly that sounds? People are really having to reach to try and defend this guy somehow.

"He MADE a CATCH, he didn't drop it, he MADE a catch!"

Once again, strong expectations are strong.
shouldn't have been a fumble...didn't look like he maintained control.
I seriously can't stand this guy anymore.

Anyone else in favor of starting Celek over Walker? I am.

Bye Delanie

p.s. you suck
Delanie walker does not suck. He needs to be more consistent in his ball handling (catching/ball security) but he does so many other things for us that are positives.

He is a good ST's player, he is an excellent blocker on offense and has shown the ability to make big time plays. He just needs to show the consistency handling the ball.

Does Delanie need to spend more time on the JUGS machine? Sure. Does he "suck" at his job? Not by a long shot IMO.
lol Thats Cool! and Yes i would
With our injuries he is our 2nd best Wr. His hands are terrible and he's always had a fumbling problem but he is a very hard match up for most teams. You have to take the good with the bad.
Originally posted by natrone06:
With our injuries he is our 2nd best Wr. His hands are terrible and he's always had a fumbling problem but he is a very hard match up for most teams. You have to take the good with the bad.

Or just not re-sign him at the end of the year, like they should do.
Walker is a very good #2 TE. The thing that gets me is that he seems to get the better routes for the TE position. Why not put Davis out there to run those? He is faster and could probably get better speration.
Originally posted by niners9:
Walker is a very good #2 TE. The thing that gets me is that he seems to get the better routes for the TE position. Why not put Davis out there to run those? He is faster and could probably get better speration.

VD is not a natural route runner. It takes him ahile to get going, and hes not particularly fast in and out of breaks. Hes not really a natural pass catcher either. Thats why many of us have been calling for a second, more natural WCO TE that could compliment VD's skill set.
I'll paste this here since that other thread got locked.

I'm a Walker fan, even though those drops piss me the f'off. Sure it seems like he got interfered with on some of those...but you'd think they would practice getting their armed pulled and released at the last second, then trying to focus on getting the ball.

but if some overpays for him...then I don't think it would be hard to find an athletic TE...they seem to be dropping off trees. BUT it will probably be hard to have someone contribute right away to our team like Walker does... special teams, offensive receiver, run/pass blocker, read option trailing guy (what ever its called).
[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 31, 2012 at 2:51 PM ]
if anybody round here has really framed/stated what they want out of a #2te whether it be walker or anybody else. The position itself is an important part of our offense and has a pretty big impact on how the game is called imo.
This dude was returning kicks. A guy going that fast and with that build was freekin scary. He was a TE returning kicks!!!!! A TE!!! This guy is an extemely valuable weapon. Especially come playoff time!!!!
Originally posted by Allx9er:
if anybody round here has really framed/stated what they want out of a #2te whether it be walker or anybody else. The position itself is an important part of our offense and has a pretty big impact on how the game is called imo.

Some people understate it in an almost obnoxious fashion, of the "oh....he's ONLY A #2 TE....what do YOU expect?" variety, forgetting that the #2 TE in this offense sees significantly more snaps than the vast majority of #2 TE's in the league.

It should be someone that can block capably, as well as being a threat to receive and actually make the catches when the ball gets passed to them.

In Before......"oh he's a jack of all trades, you can't put value on what he does, he can block, return kicks, punt, serve popcorn, park cars, rescue senior citizens from a burning nursing home....."

21 catches and 9 drops....including 4 in the endzone. To have about a 50% drop rate is just plain embarrassing.