LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 369 users in the forums

A shout out for RickyJean Francois

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • buck
  • Veteran
RJF gets very little, if any, recognition or acclaim.

I think he merits both recognition and applause.

This past year this 2009 seventh round pick played NT when Sopoaga was hurt and DE when Ray McDonald was out.

His statistics might be great, but his play is better than good. When he played, our defense did not falter.

If we recognize the quality of Alex Boone, we should do the same for Mr. Jean Francois.

His presence on the team makes the team's future brighter.
RJF is a keeper, can like said fill in at NT and End.
word
i'm pist i cant follow him on twitter?
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
i'm pist i cant follow him on twitter?

Yes
RJF always plays well when given the opportunity at NT or DE. I'm hopeful Dobbs and Williams can develop into players of similar quality, and give us a great d-line rotation.
RJF is our NTOTF (Nose tackle of the future). Peanut Butta Jelly Time!

RJF and Adam Snyder are the most under appreciated players on the team. They are extremely important to our team. Even if they are only backups, they fill in very nicely when we are desperate.
This needs to be renamed the RJF appreciation thread.

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
lol a RJF thread, thats new.
Great pick in the 7th round. Right now he's a quality back up that is versatile which is key. He maybe a better NT than DE.

On a side note, I'm curious to see how Dobbs and Ian Williams develop on the line. Dobbs showed a lot in the preseason. We may not have to pick up a DE in the draft if these guys and RJF step it up.
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
Great pick in the 7th round. Right now he's a quality back up that is versatile which is key. He maybe a better NT than DE.

On a side note, I'm curious to see how Dobbs and Ian Williams develop on the line. Dobbs showed a lot in the preseason. We may not have to pick up a DE in the draft if these guys and RJF step it up.

I really liked the RJF pick and had a feeling he would work out for us. As OP said, the defense didn't skip a beat when he had to fill in for Sopoaga (though I think Sopoaga is the better choice as of right now). I have a good feeling about Ian Williams as well. Dobbs seems like he can be a good pass rusher with some practice. Hopefully the D-line can create a new star because Justin Smith wont be around forever.

Dude's essential.
Share 49ersWebzone