LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Do we bring in an old veteran WR?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do we bring in an old veteran WR?

Originally posted by vaden:
If we'd signed T.O. before the playoffs. I bet our WRs would've had more than 1 catch in the NFC Championship. I'm all for giving him a shot. Even now, he's probably better than any WR on our roster. Amazing how quickly it's forgotten that he was better than most #1 WRs just 1 season ago.

I was coming to post the same thing. Hindsight is 20/20 tho
Think we will get 1 WR in FA and it'll to be on a 1 year contract so they have to play up
I'd like to see both Draft a WR and bring in an FA.

Just my $0.02
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D_Niner:

Just my $0.02
well that is exactly what will happen and the free agent will not be named T.O. In regards to him and moss, let someone else have those headaches.There is such a thing as locker room chemistry you know
Originally posted by cciowa:

Just my $0.02
well that is exactly what will happen and the free agent will not be named T.O. In regards to him and moss, let someone else have those headaches.There is such a thing as locker room chemistry you know

Yeah, we havent had much luck with Has-been receivers the past several years.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Yeah, we havent had much luck with Has-been receivers the past several years.
yes, bruce worked out for one year and thats it(i am sure that many think they know why those wide outs never worked out but i will not open up pandoras box,,, which actually was a jar)
In a word, "no". Too much younger talent available with way more upside. Look at the FA list...plenty of talent potentially on the market. The draft is pretty rich with receiving talent, too. Plus, we know Harbaugh wants Morgan back. A combination of a vet WR in his mid to late 20's, drafting a receiving TE like Fleener and a big WR is the way to go.
lets not bring in any1 over 34 this time

every veteran WR we get retired from nfl a few years later thats how old thet were
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
This! he will be cheap and looking to win another SB ring before he retires. He will also serve as a good veteran presence for Crabtree and whoever we pick up in the draft

People keep saying this, its not accurate at all. Over on the Colts forums, they're saying that Wayne wants 6-8 million per year. How is that cheap??? Just because he's older doesn't mean he's going to play for pennies, hell he just put up like 1000 yards with crap at QB, why would he be desperate, especially with all the teams with cap space to throw around?
Originally posted by Squidp:
I was coming to post the same thing. Hindsight is 20/20 tho

I wasn't a fan of bringing in T.O. late in the season, just didn't want any potential conflicts or issues with chemistry but I think after his experience last year, T.O.'s been humbled a bit, I don't think he'll come in with the same drama queen act he's been known for, a motivated T.O., even at his age, is a scary thing, you know he's going to be in damn good shape. I would not at all be opposed to the 49ers bringing him back so he can play for a few years and retire as a 49er.

Stevie Johnson. Not a product of a high caliber qb.

Edit: Or Dwayne Bowe.
[ Edited by 9erVillian on Feb 18, 2012 at 7:52 PM ]
i think we bring in stevie johnson or pierre garcon and then draft a big wr
why i am not hearing the name vincent jackson more is beyond me, maybe something happened i'm not aware of yet idk but that seems like a very nice receiver to get in this FA class
i wonder if donte whitner is good friends with stevie johnson---maybe that could bring him to Niner land.
Originally posted by Paul:
I hope not..Curtis Conway, Johnnie Morton, Isaac Bruce.. they never really did too much for us. I say bring Morgan back & turn to the draft.

Good Post.
Share 49ersWebzone