There are 261 users in the forums

Do we bring in an old veteran WR?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do we bring in an old veteran WR?

Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
garcon

This x 100000000000

Meh..doesn't excite me. His hands are suspect and we don't need that. To me, we have that guy in Josh Morgan.. albeit a slower version. If we can somehow land Colston or Bowe I'd be through the roof. Vjax or djax wouldn't be bad either, Harbaugh could control them..I think.

We need a bigger redzone threat type receiver. Moss would be an upgrade as an over the top guy like Ginn was for us at times. Although, I don't know if Baalke wants to insert that kind of volatility into a super bowl caliber locker room. although I've heard he's a great teammate. (via Teddy bruschi on the radio today).
colston and jackson are prob going to resign why go from one of the top qbs in brees to smith he would be crazy jackson is stuck with the tag reggie wayne wants a elite qb since hes had one his whole career take a shot at bowe , jackson maybe even moss has to be a option
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I hope not..Curtis Conway, Johnnie Morton, Isaac Bruce.. they never really did too much for us. I say bring Morgan back & turn to the draft.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
REGGIE WAYNE PEOPLE!!!!!!! He can still frikkin play.

I would love Reggie Wayne. That guy has always been a stud and even produced last year with crap QBs.

He even has his own website http://www.reggiewayne.com/
might as well...

Umm, haven't we already tried that the last few years with little success?
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:

Pretty much.

Isaac Bruce was like the only moderate success vet WR
I like Reggie Wayne, Colston but I don't think we are going to get them.

Plaxico, Laurent Robinson, Stevie Johnson ........are guys more our speed and more affordable but it's going to have to be for the right price.

We have so many Fa's and Baalke always says he would rather resign our own guys before FA's.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:

Pretty much.

I think if you omit the word "old" from the title of this post it might make sense to bring in a vet as long as he fits the vision of what Baalke and Harbaugh are trying to accomplish chemistry-wise. No disrespect intended, but I'd rather they try to bring Freddie Solomon back from the dead than sign the malcontents T.O. or Moss.
No. We already tried this in Bryant, Jackson, Lelie, and Bruce. At one time, this team was a dead end for veteran WRs. We need raw young talent.

Wayne would be a sick veteran to have. steve johnson would be a legit #1. bowe would be a legit #1, v-jax #1, d-jax #1... we have options, pick one, or 5
The one thing that might make a difference in the 49ers situation:

Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Desean Jackson..........the big name question marks...

All were problems when teams struggled. In "good times" these guys were a force for the teams they played with. I never imagined the day in 2009 or 2010 that Desean Jackson would be seen as a problem. He was a very likable player then.

After what we saw this year, our defense and special teams will keep us in every single game out there.

The biggest problem I see is that we have a "want to win NOW" mentality which is great. I just don't feel anyone in the draft that can provide that for this team all by himself in 2012. We'll most likely need some sort of free agent acquisition to go along with him.

Man, I think looking back Walsh's greatest asset beyond his playbook had to have been his talent evaluations. I bet Walsh would have scooped Victor Cruz from the Giants as he barely made the roster this season.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Pretty much.

agree. That was only one year to, his second year was not good. we do not need moss and his terrible team attitude and if anyone wanted owens he would not be playing arena ball. i think a old vetern takes us backwards. a nice under the radar and one or maybe two rookies will be just fine
put me down with cc. Word for word. And as mentioned above, DeSean Jackson, he would really good...anywhere else but here. Count on this. With a big raise, deSean will be wanting more big money within the yr. He would be a locker room disaster, and end up ruining what amazingly good cohesiveness JH has achieved. That is also why I look for craps to be moved on, in exchange for equal value. For something wacky, put craps and our #2 pick , up for a run at blackmon. If we had to throw in Kap, i would be in favor also, but that would not fly as it is lopsided quality wise.
Crabtree
FA
Morgan
(Draft Pick)
Ginn (BRING HIM BACK!!!)

don't need and "old" vet. but bring in a in/near prime vet.
Share 49ersWebzone