LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 226 users in the forums

Will we still be san fran if we move?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Santa Clara Can'tScores
Wow, who's spreading all of these retarded rumors?

Everything I've read (and I read pretty much every 49er-related article) says that they will continue to be the San Francisco 49ers. That's coming straight from the ownership, too.

http://blog.49ers.com/tag/jed-york/ (scroll to the bottom, 10:45 update, where Jed York says the name will stay the same)

http://www.baycitizen.org/san-francisco-49ers/story/niners-stadium-santa-clara/

http://49ers.savesantaclara.org/San_Francisco_49ers_LTD.php
Some people have no common sense, I swear...

Why on earth wouldn't we be the San Francisco 49ers? Tons of teams don't play in the city of their namesake. The logo says "SF", and would never be changed. It's a historic NFL trademark. The 49ers represent the "San Francisco bay area", so as long as we stay in that vicinity, no name change is needed.
Pointless thread...has already been asked and answered. Waste of space...

Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
last i heard, we might even lose the "49ers" from the name. Like when the Oilers moved to Baltimore.

Stop making stuff up.

which part, the 49ers losing their actual name? or the oilers moving to baltimore?

The part where we lose the name 49ers.
last i heard, we might even lose the "49ers" from the name. Like when the Oilers moved to Baltimore.

Stop making stuff up.

which part, the 49ers losing their actual name? or the oilers moving to baltimore?

ya i know, just pointing out in the process of trying to be funny, he couldnt even be factually correct, cleveland moved to baltimore, houston to tennessee
Yes our name will changed

but only to Superbowl Champs

Stop making stuff up.

...didn't Cleveland move to Tennessee?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

I also heard one of the Matts say the same thing.

Stop making stuff up.

ya i know, just pointing out in the process of trying to be funny, he couldnt even be factually correct, cleveland moved to baltimore, houston to tennessee

...I think that was part of the joke.....

Originally posted by susweel:

Me too....something about being the Silicon Valley Microchips or something. SF wants to keep the team name and history like Cleveland did, so Niners will wear light blue and Silver with chrome Nike helmets.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
The Santa Clara Googlers
Originally posted by susweel:

Stop stirring the pot. We're not losing either name. It's already been well documented.
We're gonna do what New York and New England do; they play miles outside of their name-sake's city, and although both hold the SB parade within the name-sake's city, the team (all players and coaches who attended the parade) put out a small celebratory junction within the city/town the actual stadium is in (to ease the taxpayers), the day after.
This isn't a pointless thread. You blame Senator Feinstein for this entire conversation. But you can bet we will be the "San Francisco 49ers" no matter where we play in the Bay Area.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/11/14/BAGTGMCGTO5.DTL
Share 49ersWebzone