LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 189 users in the forums

Rams will interview 49ers' Tom Gamble for G.M. position

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
The St. Louis Rams have identified the ninth candidate to interview for their vacant general manager position: San Francisco 49ers Director of Player Personnel Tom Gamble.

Gamble will be the last G.M. candidate to interview, the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports, so a decision is apparently not far off.

The Rams have conducted an exhaustive search, with Gamble's interview following interviews for George Paton, Joey Clinkscales, Lake Dawson, Brian Gaine, Ron Hill, Steve Keim, Les Snead and Ryan Grigson. Some candidates have already interviewed twice, and Grigson has already accepted the Colts' G.M. position.

Gamble was hired by the 49ers in 2005 and has previously been a scout for the Colts, Ravens and Eagles, and a quality control coach for the Jets.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/07/rams-will-interview-49ers-tom-gamble-for-g-m-position/
Can we just get one season of full continuity? Although teams raided us when we sucked, I guess not much will change when we are successful.
damn them!!!!

but i knew Gamble would be getting interviews and be gone at some point soon. Didn't he interview in some places last year? seems like his name has been floated for awhile.
If the Rams wanna Gamble their future away, I say let 'em!
Man, f**k it. I am officially angry.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Same old sorry ass Rams.
I believe the Rams are having a tough time because any GM they hire will be so in name only with Fisher calling the shots.
Many coaches have attempted to fly out the Niners coaching nest but ends up flying back
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I believe the Rams are having a tough time because any GM they hire will be so in name only with Fisher calling the shots.

seattle has the same set up and had no problem gettin a gm
R.I.P. TOM CABLE

They are taking a Gamble.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
R.I.P. TOM CABLE

Tom Cable took a Gamble.......................and lost
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Keep Baalke and Harbaugh, that is the long term stability that we need & will have
I know Baalke is the point man, but I hate the idea of losing a guy like Gamble who's armed with all of our personnel "intelligence" gathered to date to a division rival a month before free agency starts.
What is exactly his role? What does the director of player personel do? Get information on players already in the league, so that doesn't include the draft?
Share 49ersWebzone