There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

what would you give the first rd pick up for?

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
A True FS to pair with goldson to put the defense over the top into possibly best ever category.

A True #1 WR

A Pro Bowl center/guard

Those IMO Are the 3 biggest needs on this team if we lock up our own FA's and would warrant a #1 pick..

Goldson is our Free Safety, while Whitner is the Strong Safety. We're fine at safety. Meanwhile, we already have a Pro Bowl level Center. Right Guard could be upgraded though. It'd be nice to lose Chilo Rachal and have Snyder back up all the interior positions.

Yes, we need a #1 WR.
Fixing this offense is what will put this defense into legendary category
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Goldson is our Free Safety, while Whitner is the Strong Safety. We're fine at safety. Meanwhile, we already have a Pro Bowl level Center. Right Guard could be upgraded though. It'd be nice to lose Chilo Rachal and have Snyder back up all the interior positions.

Yes, we need a #1 WR.

I would argue that Goldson has been shoved into the FS position since he has been on this team due to our lack of a true FS. Goldson IMO is much more suited to the SS position. Right now IMO we have two SS starting back there. You pair an ed reed type player back there with goldson and you have a safety core that matches the front 7 in dominance.

Right Guard needs to be addressed. Snyder is a stop gap and nice depth.

and again WR.
man I wish we could get Marshawn Lynch. He'd be perfect for our team. Yeah Yeah he "hates" us, but hey...money changes feelings.
I'd give it up for a 2nd and 3rd round pick.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
man I wish we could get Marshawn Lynch. He'd be perfect for our team. Yeah Yeah he "hates" us, but hey...money changes feelings.

Trent Richardson maybe?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Trent Richardson maybe?
If he slips out of the first 15 doable.
Originally posted by redniner49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Why do we want Gates? We have Vernon Davis.....

with davis and gates we run a duel te west coast power slant offense

Yes, obviously you want Antonio Gates on your team when he's putting up near-career lows and in the twilight of his glory days.
i'd give up our 1st rd pick for a bonafide, legit, #1 wr (brandon marshall). brandon marshall is truly a #1 wr, big target and 100 catches waitng to happen.we need a definite upgrade at rg, but i think that can easily be drafted. i also think we need to address the rb spot. we need to be finding our future feature back. gore is closing in on 30 and is somewhat injury-prone. kendall hunter showed flashes but i think he's perfect where he is as a change of pace back.
Originally posted by redniner49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Why do we want Gates? We have Vernon Davis.....

with davis and gates we run a duel te west coast power slant offense

I want to laugh, but I'm afraid you're serious.

Let me get this straight, you want to give up our first round pick, two good, young players, a later 4th round pick..for Antonio Gates who will be lucky to play another 2 or 3 seasons, and a later 3rd?

Welcome to football, I'm sure you'll learn a lot in the years to come if you stick around, but please realize what you just suggested was about as full retard as it comes.
Gates is done.
Wow this is actaully a tough question..it would be a late first rounder. Team needs are WR, CB, RG and possibly one more RB assuming we resign everybody like the OP says. For a late first rounder I would want a top end talent, and with our money situation after we lock everybody up for the long haul...It would have to be a younger guy that a team values but can afford to let go due to depth. I would say If I could pry him away I would go for a guy like Maclin. Good attitude, great hands, had a down year due to injury and in this scenario the Eagles decide at the last minute to resign Jackson and draft Maclin's replacement. It wouldnt happen, but its a nice fit and more plausable then saying " i would go for Megatron!"
[ Edited by PhillyNiner on Feb 7, 2012 at 5:59 AM ]
Not sure about Gates, those feet of his have been giving him problems for a while. Seems like the type of nagging type of injury that forces a player to miss games every year.

RG could be upgraded, but I'd prefer to do it through FA. I'd like a veteran guy out there to help out Dixon on that side of the line. Carl Nix would be ideal, but don't know if we're willing to dump that kind of money into a guard.

Part of the reason we did as well this season as we did was our lack of turnovers. I fail to see the logic of adding in a guy like Rivers, who was an interception machine last year, or a guy like Romo, who folds under pressure. They're both talented guys, sure, but the I don't think they fit this team, certainly not at the price suggested earlier in this thread. I'm really interested in seeing what a full offseason with Coach and the addition of some weapons out at WR would do for Smith.
Give up our 1st to the Raiders for Shane Lechler. With Lee and Lechler we run a duel P west coast power slant special teams.

Originally posted by FRANKBLANCO415:
I would trade up using our 1st round pick along with a 3rd this year a 2nd next year and Michael Crabtree for Blackmon.

i really hope some of these are jokes.... If blackmon enters last years draft hes the 3rd wide receiver taken behind AJ Green and Julio Jones..

And your trying to trade our #8 overall pick, #1 pick, #2 pick, and a #3 pick all for 1 guy?? we might as well go for Andrew Luck..