Niners recent draft history...

still standing from...

2005: Alex Smith, Frank Gore, Adam Snyder

2006: Vernon Davis, Parys Haralson, Delanie Walker

2007: Patrick Willis, Joe Staley, Ray McDonald, Dashon Goldson, Tarell Brown

2008: Chilo Rachal, Reggie Smith, Josh Morgan, Larry Grant

2009: Michael Crabtree, Ricky-Jean Francois

2010: Anthony Davis, Mike Iupati, NaVorro Bowman, Anthony Dixon, Kyle Williams

we got some nice players via the draft, but man did we pick alot of crap I didnt bother listing. we had 50 draft picks from 05-10, and only 22 are still here. 08 and 09 were awful...

I give Nolan and Sing a little credit for pushing the D in the right direction all those years, but its not hard to see why weve been struggling for so long. 08 and 09 netted us almost nothing. we didnt even keep Grant, we lucked into getting him back off the scrap heap.

Then you look at Harbaugh's draft, and he picked Aldon Smith, Chris Culliver, Kendall Hunter, and Bruce Miller, who were all immediate contributors, plus Kaepernick. Im excited to see a real football mind draft for the next several years. Were going to start hitting on alot more of our picks from here on out.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Feb 6, 2012 at 12:58 AM ]
That '07 draft was pretty great. 5 starters, 3 of them Pro-Bowlers this year.
Originally posted by captveg:

Singletary probably used Nolans notes for the next years draft when he took over.... because 08, 09 singletary was crap.. Anthony Dixon sucks.. i hate kyle williams.

and how can you miss on picks 11-15.
Originally posted by Niners99:
still standing from...

2005: Alex Smith, Frank Gore, Adam Snyder

2006: Vernon Davis, Parys Haralson, Delanie Walker

2007: Patrick Willis, Joe Staley, Ray McDonald, Dashon Goldson, Tarell Brown

2008: Chilo Rachal, Reggie Smith, Josh Morgan, Larry Grant

2009: Michael Crabtree, Ricky-Jean Francois

2010: Anthony Davis, Mike Iupati, NaVorro Bowman, Anthony Dixon, Kyle Williams

we got some nice players via the draft, but man did we pick alot of crap I didnt bother listing. we had 50 draft picks from 05-10, and only 22 are still here. 08 and 09 were awful...

I give Nolan and Sing a little credit for pushing the D in the right direction all those years, but its not hard to see why weve been struggling for so long. 08 and 09 netted us almost nothing. we didnt even keep Grant, we lucked into getting him back off the scrap heap.

Then you look at Harbaugh's draft, and he picked Aldon Smith, Chris Culliver, Kendall Hunter, and Bruce Miller, who were all immediate contributors, plus Kaepernick. Im excited to see a real football mind draft for the next several years. Were going to start hitting on alot more of our picks from here on out.

I believe that "football mind" you speak of is shared by a guy named Baalke...
When they draft Sanu, it will be another great pick by our GM/Coach :)
08-09 drafts
I always used to think the '08 draft was the worst in recent memory, but when you lay it out like that, '09 looks even worse.
07 was the best, 4 impact players(Goldson, Willis, Staley and McDonald) and 1 guy who looked good and I feel has a good shot(Brown)

08 and 09 sucked. Best of those was Morgan and grant and they were 08.

09 hurts cause Crabtree held out, and just never looks good, but no trade value IMO. Only Jean Francois has looked decent.

2010 looks good. Iupati and Davis will have good careers, both improved in 2011. And Bowman is looking like a stud. Byham and Dixon are unknowns, Williams needs developing, he wasnt ready for WR and KR/PR.

06 was also good, Vernon, Delanie came from this class.

Of course 05 got us Gore, but he doesnt have many years left, not sold on Snyder, Alex worried about potential new contract.

Worst picks are 08- Rachal, 08- Balmer, 08- Smith, 08- Wallace, 09- Coffee, 2010- Mays

I am though very pleased with 2011, 4 contributed(Aldon, Culliver, Hunter and Miller) and Jones helped on ST's, Johnson was a flop. Kilgore and Person have potential. Kaepernick need time. I like Holcomb. And we also got 2 nice UDFAs(Dobbs and Ian Williams) and another off waivers Tolzien.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I always used to think the '08 draft was the worst in recent memory, but when you lay it out like that, '09 looks even worse.

I think many folks consider 08 to be the worst b/c the 1st round draft pick that year isn't even on the team anymore. Plus they passed on Desean twice. Not to mention Chilo is garbage. Larry Grant was cast off before being back in the fold as well.

What looks so shocking about 2009 is where are all the other draftees? Those guys should have been guys that team were developing for depth purposes.

Imagine if they didn't blow a 2nd rounder in 2010.
More than anything, there were total lack of WRs until Crabtree fell to us in the 10th pick. I remember Brandon Williams in the 3rd round. That's 6-7 years of 'we don't need a #1 receiver'. Brandon Lloyd, Arnaz Battle, Jason Hill. Morgan and Hill was the only 2 even close to OK at one time. Free Agency had given the team... let me try to remember...Antonio Bryant, Ashley Lelie, Darrell Jackson, Isaac Bruce, and Edwards.

We should draft at two WRs this year.
I would be surprised if this was significantly worse than most other NFL franchises.
[ Edited by dhp318 on Feb 6, 2012 at 1:07 PM ]
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by captveg:

Singletary probably used Nolans notes for the next years draft when he took over.... because 08, 09 singletary was crap.. Anthony Dixon sucks.. i hate kyle williams.

and how can you miss on picks 11-15.

Nolan didn't get fired til midseason '08. '07 & '08 were both McNolan drafts. McLoughan might have just drank more in 2008.
Originally posted by susweel:

this.

One speedster and one big bodied one.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by susweel:

this.

One speedster and one big bodied one.

First round pick should be a WR for sure. Im not sure exactly who yet because I still need to look at film and watch the combine numbers.