There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Joe 'FREAKIN' Montana!!!

I'm now 46 years old. had a birthday in October ;)
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
Being 45 years old and old enough to have seen all of this happen I would just like to point out that Joe was PERFECT to those of us who witnessed the garbage 49ers of the late 70's. During the 83 85 86 and 87 season Joe in the minds of most 49er fans was perfect regardless of the play-offs outcome.. If he was not then the 49ers would never have been in those play-offs at all. Ok he was not perfect but he was pretty damn close.

Being much older (and wiser?) I know that no human is perfect. And the niners had some very good teams in the early 70's...just couldn't get past the Cowboys. Three divisional championships in 70, 71 and 72. The teams of the 50's were some of my favorite but they couldn't get it done either.

You are likely thinking of the Joe Thomas era where he disassembled the team and is reviled for his effort. Of course, Eddie D hired him but that doesn't seem to tarnish his memory.

If Joe Montana is perfect...why did the 9ers lose in 79 & 80? Must have become perfect after those years?

lol @ the wiser comment. As far as why YOU ASK Montana and the 49ers "lose in 79 &80 " I thought you said you were wiser?
[ Edited by 49erswillbeback on Dec 1, 2012 at 1:25 AM ]
That's why he's Joe Cool. He played his best when the most was at stake. He would carve up defenses with a surgeon's precision. Joe is the man! I hope Colin can be the next "MAN"!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Paul Pabst ‏@PaulPabst

"I wanted to play for the Steelers after San Fran...they said no...they had Neil O'Donnell."--Joe Montana @dpshow
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jcool:
Paul Pabst ‏@PaulPabst

"I wanted to play for the Steelers after San Fran...they said no...they had Neil O'Donnell."--Joe Montana @dpshow

Could you imagine....
Originally posted by fropwns:
Paul Pabst ‏@PaulPabst

Could you imagine....

Reminds me of how close the Steelers were to the Superbowl in 1994, lost to a fluke Chargers team which got its ass handed to them. Stupid Rooney family, depriving us of possibly a badass Superbowl clash.
Originally posted by fropwns:
Paul Pabst ‏@PaulPabst

Could you imagine....
No, I can't. Lol.

I loved watching Joe, lol..the best SB was when we creamed the Broncos 55-10, lol. Haha, that snap that gets stuck in the butt. Classic! John looked high on something, his throws were just flippin awful, lol. I kept saying, 'what is THAT?!' lol.
Joe and Jennifer watching the boy play for Tulane

He finished 6-14, 144 yds, 2 TDs lol
[ Edited by zillabeast on Aug 31, 2013 at 3:40 AM ]
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zillabeast:

joe's qb sons would be better if he had married a d1 athlete instead of a model.
Originally posted by xcfan:
joe's qb sons would be better if he had married a d1 athlete instead of a model.

no homo
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BimmerKing:
Alex 'FREAKIN' Smith!!!

Dude!!!!!
That must be Nick

I wonder why his sons got half the genetic makeup of his father?
Originally posted by robniner:
That must be Nick

Their father actually had crappy genetic makeup...BIRD LEGS...'member? The sons have it better.

Joe had things you couldn't teach...instincts and an "it" factor that was there before Walsh taught him anything.
Originally posted by DonJulio:
Originally posted by robniner:
That must be Nick

Their father actually had crappy genetic makeup...BIRD LEGS...'member? The sons have it better.

Joe had things you couldn't teach...instincts and an "it" factor that was there before Walsh taught him anything.

The hope is Nick has that in him.
Originally posted by xcfan:
Originally posted by zillabeast:

You can tell it's Joes kid too. Got dem stick legs.