LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Joe 'FREAKIN' Montana!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
4-0 SB meh...if Nate Davis had Bill Walsh as coach he would have had like 11 SB wins

Don't act shocked, deep down you know it's true. And imagine if JTO had been there in the Walsh era...GOAT

Originally posted by BenQ:
-IN AN ERA WHEN QBS WERE ALLOWED TO GET HIT!!!
-IN AN ERA WHEN DEFENSE WAS ALLOWED!!!

I really could go on and on. f**k these "experts" who've forgotten so easily how much harder it was back in the day for offenses.

WORD! That's why the Brady convo stops with that word: ERA!
4-0 SB meh...if Nate Davis had Bill Walsh as coach he would have had like 11 SB wins

Why did Sing put Davis in his dog house? and why did he let him go? Tell me, if you don't, then I/we will know you are limited in 49er QB's
Originally posted by ninerfan52:

Why did Sing put Davis in his dog house? and why did he let him go? Tell me, if you don't, then I/we will know you are limited in 49er QB's

Singletary was one of those old fashion NFL types who didn't believe black players made good QBs.

Joe Montana was the one that was limited. Compared to Nate Davis.
You are missing the point...every single player is limited. If you don't think they are limited then they have to be perfect. The humor involved in my post is that when folks try to provoke us by saying a certain QB is limited, we almost all (probably all but I don't want to speak in absolute terms) understand that every QB is limited in their abilities...even the greatest. So it's not an insult but an acknowledgment of reality.

I was actually attacking oldmans post saying he was just "alright" more so than yours saying he was limited. Of course I understand every player is "limited" in a sense. Some limitations aren't really limitations in reality. For instance I don't believe Montana was "limited" because he didn't have the best arm in the league. He had all the arm he needed and their have been plenty of QBs before and after who could throw the ball harder.
Originally posted by stillpans4gold:
WORD! That's why the Brady convo stops with that word: ERA!

Agreed, Brady is part of the reason QB's aren't allowed to get hit.

Singletary was one of those old fashion NFL types who didn't believe black players made good QBs.
What!

What!

Joe Montana was the one that was limited. Compared to Nate Davis.
Davis was limited in learning the playbook, he was not that bright, if Montana was limited what was it?

Except Troy Smith. He was a winner.

What!

Davis was limited in learning the playbook, he was not that bright, if Montana was limited what was it?

That's sad, you've got to insult Nate Davis' intelligence and drag him down just to try and make Montana look good
That's sad, you've got to insult Nate Davis' intelligence and drag him down just to try and make Montana look good

I know right wasn't Nate Davis "special"
Originally posted by DirtyP:
You are missing the point...every single player is limited. If you don't think they are limited then they have to be perfect. The humor involved in my post is that when folks try to provoke us by saying a certain QB is limited, we almost all (probably all but I don't want to speak in absolute terms) understand that every QB is limited in their abilities...even the greatest. So it's not an insult but an acknowledgment of reality.

I was actually attacking oldmans post saying he was just "alright" more so than yours saying he was limited. Of course I understand every player is "limited" in a sense. Some limitations aren't really limitations in reality. For instance I don't believe Montana was "limited" because he didn't have the best arm in the league. He had all the arm he needed and their have been plenty of QBs before and after who could throw the ball harder.

Gotta know that I think of Joe as FAR more than.. aiight... c'mon, yo..
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Joe was aiight, pretty clutch, but rather limited. He was lucky to have a great coach and stacked team. Still thankful for the wins and SB rings though. Great years, they were back then... and soon will be again.

I hope you are being sarcastic

I guess you don't remember the playoff losses in 83, 85, 86 and 87 then?

He might have been Joe Clutch, but he was far from Joe Perfect.

But there's no doubt he's the greatest 49er QB ever -- and probably ever will be.

Being 45 years old and old enough to have seen all of this happen I would just like to point out that Joe was PERFECT to those of us who witnessed the garbage 49ers of the late 70's. During the 83 85 86 and 87 season Joe in the minds of most 49er fans was perfect regardless of the play-offs outcome.. If he was not then the 49ers would never have been in those play-offs at all. Ok he was not perfect but he was pretty damn close.
He was not perfect but he was OMG
Share 49ersWebzone