LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 194 users in the forums

Ahmad Brooks let him go or keep him?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I dont think keeping him is the debate, it's for what amount.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I hope we are able to keep him, but he will get some pretty good offers in free agency.

As San Diego pointed out in another thread, Brooks was our most rounded outside linebacker last year.

It will not be easy to replace him, if he leaves.
I think Brooks value can be a little inflated because of Willis and Bowman. I'm sure he is very good, but lets not pretend like Willis and Bowman aren't sideline to sideline MLBs.
Keep. He's a solid player, unheralded yet very valuable to our scheme.

Of the FAs, I feel like we got to have him, Rogers, Goldson, Ginn, and (gulp) Smith back. Snyder is OK but a valuable utility OL and I think he'll want to be back. Morgan seemed to be coming on before the injury so he'd be nice to have as well. I love the Tony Montana Squad but I'm not sure if we'll be able to keep them...
6 million for Ahmad Brooks is really high. Not just a little. 4 - 4.5 maybe
he's an important cog in the system
find someone else. don't we have an OLB we got from the ravens tavares gooden? that only played special teams last year? so we do have another guy who could possibly be good.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
find someone else. don't we have an OLB we got from the ravens tavares gooden? that only played special teams last year? so we do have another guy who could possibly be good.

uhhhh no. gooden is an ilb and not the player brooks is, brooks came in as an ilb and spent yrs working as an olb to get where he is today. losing brooks would hurt and we would need to find a replacement in the 1st 3 rds since even with brooks we were already thin at the olb spot
KEEP HIM - if we really need cap room, cut Haralson!
[ Edited by kronik on Feb 3, 2012 at 7:03 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kronik:
KEEP HIM - if we really need cap room, cut Haralson!

I think they should cut or trade him for sure.

Aldon - Willis - Bowman - Brooks would be mean as hell.

Shelling out Haralson would save us 3M each year.

We can and will resign Brooks.
Brooks was solid this season!! I hope the Niners will be able to re-sign him for a reasonable price, but I think another team that runs the 3-4 D will make him a pretty big offer. Doh!!
Originally posted by BrianGO:
If we want to sign Mr. Fantastic at WR in free agency, we are going to have to drop one or two defenders. Brooks is a great player. It would hurt our defense to lose him.

That's why we should hold off on the splashy move, keep the defense intact, and draft a receiver at #30.
Why is this a question. of course keep him, he's way better than Haralson
I think we need all three Haralson, Brooks and A. Smith and they pick up another outside backer in the draft to groom. You gotta have depth.
Share 49ersWebzone