• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
Why cant we squeeze him for 6mil?
Alex: 10 mil
Rogers: 6 or 8 mil
goldson: franchised for 6.5
Brooks: 6 mill
----on the low that is 28 million on the high that is 30. Assuming Rogers get 8 a year that leaves us 13 million once we cut spencer.

Brock's and tukuafu's salary will probably be a combined 1M

thats 12 mill left

to devy up between Spillman, Snyder, Costanzo, Gooden, Morgan. They all command nothing more then a measly minimum salary being nice a 1.5 mil per year puts us with an even 6 Mil left.

I' haven't even touched Ginn yet and thats if we want him back or dont have to outbid another team for his services.

Unless I'm missing something we'd easily be able to retain all of them. Finding another "cheap option might save us 3M but I dont see a single free agent OLB that is worth our time besides Brooks or Jarret Johnson.

You know Alex and Rogers have both been vocal about keeping the team together, I'm sure they would each take pay cuts to ensure we field a team capable of playing. Hell I bet any or all of our superstarts: Vernon, Staley, Willis, Justin, or Whitner would do their part to make sure the team can succeed.

Ya. cant forget about the rookies though but since we got the 30th pick their contracts wont be too big
If we want to sign Mr. Fantastic at WR in free agency, we are going to have to drop one or two defenders. Brooks is a great player. It would hurt our defense to lose him.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
If we decide to keep Brooks, then we should consider cutting Haralson. Smith and Brooks are the starters. Draft a mid-rounder or sign a Matt Roth type OLB, and you'll save money at the position.

I'm telling you...one reason why our secondary showed flashes of brilliance this year is because of the consistent pass rush we put on the opposing quarterback.
Keep him!
He gives a physical presence that fits right in with the system. I'm all in for signing him.............at the right price.
Keep him.....for the right price.

That goes for all of the 49ers' free agents. Keep them at the right price.
I say keep him hes young and has low mileage. Also plays de in nickel situations. These guys dont grow on trees. I might be crazy for this but I would sign him before rogers. If the team truly believes cully can start i would give Brooks the money then bring in a "slot corner". Or even see what it would take to bring in Tracy Porter.
Originally posted by sean610:
I say keep him hes young and has low mileage. Also plays de in nickel situations. These guys dont grow on trees. I might be crazy for this but I would sign him before rogers. If the team truly believes cully can start i would give Brooks the money then bring in a "slot corner". Or even see what it would take to bring in Tracy Porter.

Dline > Secondary > LB's
sign him back---sign all the defensive guys back--if it means no WR FA--then that is what it means--the draft will be used for WR and the rest of the offense then--and we do need another DE for depth--and another cb--i don't think Brock is quality depth.
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
sign him back---sign all the defensive guys back--if it means no WR FA--then that is what it means--the draft will be used for WR and the rest of the offense then--and we do need another DE for depth--and another cb--i don't think Brock is quality depth.

If we just sign all our guys in FA and build through the draft, I would be very happy. If we can get a second tier WR, I'm ok with that.

For the love of God, please do not waist the money on an "elite" wr. I can promise you we will not get our bang for the buck. Smith is not the type of QB that will throw it up and let the WR fight for it.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Feb 2, 2012 at 8:27 PM ]
He can test the market
Member Milestone: This is post number 200 for sean610.
Originally posted by KEGster:
Originally posted by sean610:

Dline > Secondary > LB's

He plays on the D line also
id keep em. He is a good player at a key position in the 3-4
Keep him