There are 272 users in the forums

Secondary Coach Ed Donatell to Oakland?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Man, f**k the Raiders. Let them go and find their own assistants, s**t go hire Singletary, he's available.

LOL! couldn't have said it any better.
  • dj43
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by dj43:
Since DC is a promotion, the 49ers cannot deny him.

I'm sure they can deny him.

Ken Whisenhunt blocked one of his position coaches from interviewing for the OC position in Tampa Bay.

I don't recall that situation.

I am 95% sure that a team may not deny a coach under contract from taking any HC position or a position coach from taking a Coordinator job. Below that, the team can deny a move.

Ken Whisenhunt blocked one of his position coaches from interviewing for the OC position in Tampa Bay.

I am 95% sure that a team may not deny a coach under contract from taking any HC position or a position coach from taking a Coordinator job. Below that, the team can deny a move.

They can deny, but they won't ever. If they start denying coaches the opportunity to take a promotion with other team then the chances of getting quality coaches in the future drops significantly.

Exactly right. AZ's WRs coach, John McNulty, who was at one time the OC for Rutgers, was denied an interview with new Bucs and former HC of Rutgers coach, Greg Schiano. The only promotion a team cannot block would be a promotion to a HCing position.

http://tucsoncitizen.com/arizona-news/2012/01/28/cardinals-deny-buccaneers-permission-to-speak-to-receivers-coach-john-mcnulty/
  • dj43

http://tucsoncitizen.com/arizona-news/2012/01/28/cardinals-deny-buccaneers-permission-to-speak-to-receivers-coach-john-mcnulty/

I stand corrected.
do they want him as a secondary coach aswell? must not be happy with the job woodson did
todd bowles, a former niners DB who did a good job as dolphins interim coach, would have been a good repalcement should donatell tall leave, but he just signed up to be db coach for eagles

Incorrect. Promotions are protected. They ask for permission as a courtesy, but they CANNOT block a promotion.

I stand corrected.

Something is fishy there.

For years we have always been told that a promotion cannot be blocked. I'm not buying that staory....there is something else to that.

Either way, Harbaugh and the 49ers will not block a move. Doing so prevents good coaches from wanting to coach here in the first place.

I saw where they were going to talk to Emmit Thomas about their DC position...no mention of Donatell. Hopefully, he stays w/Harbaugh.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Quick. Someone show them the Eagles/Packers playoff game from way back. What was that ...3rd and twenty something.

4th and 27
Originally posted by est1985:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Quick. Someone show them the Eagles/Packers playoff game from way back. What was that ...3rd and twenty something.

4th and 27

Holy sh*t!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
1 Marvin is right, you should not keep your coaches from moving on otherwise no one will ever want to work for you.2 Unlike previous years these stories of our asst, coaches are not bothering me this year cuz as long as we have the head of the rattlesnake that is all that matters and i am sure if someone leaves, this coach will have a plan of action .This coach does not stand still cuz if you stand still you lose ground and thats how you lose a job.3 And for gods sake if we lose a secondary coach I hope not to hear a clammer to bring ronnie lott in to be the coach because he was a great player. That never works
I think Ronnie Lott should replace him if he leaves.
Share 49ersWebzone