LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

Crabtree: more overrated than lazy, or more lazy than overrated?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Crabtree: more overrated than lazy, or more lazy than overrated?

Put me firmly in the 'Crabtree is lazy' camp. It seems to me like he does not put the effort in during the offseason, does not 'fight' separation, and runs sloppy routes out of sheer laziness.

I think he has all the tools to be a superstar WR in an open offense...if he wants to.
he doesn't have the elite sizs or speed to be a #1 wr plain and simple
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Is a good player just not worth the #10 pick.
Both
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I for one just think he doesn't get the chances to make plays. I'm on the east coast so don't see all the games but from games I watch he gets open. Smith misses him alot. Too high! Too wide! Too long! Too short! Just think they need to get on the same page this offseason. Assuming he can stay healthy and work with Smith.

With all that said, the Saints game Smith was hitting him and he was dropping them. I don't think he's lazy or overhyped, just.... not there yet, I guess.
yea id have to go with both, he has some talent , i mean best we got right now, but we can definetely do better in the FA crop this offseason.
they say receivers take about 3 years to really "break out." he came on really strong at the end of the year, playoff disappearance aside. I think if he can get an actual healthy training camp in, he'll be fine--maybe not the #1 receiver but a damn good #2.
lazy and overrated
He has never been considered a problem or lazy by coaches but did hold out during TC and suffered injuries in two other TCs. If all his absences from TC are legit, which I assume they are, he is a victim of injury, not lazyness. I don't like his attitude after the NY game but am not willing to bash him for it...we had TO for heaven's sake!

He did well as the year went by and then disappeared after the 9ers lost Edwards. Grant Cohn's article suggesting the 9ers draft Fleener and pick up Colston in FAcy made sense as it would make it impossible for opponents to put the best CB on Crabtree.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
He has never been considered a problem or lazy by coaches but did hold out during TC and suffered injuries in two other TCs. If all his absences from TC are legit, which I assume they are, he is a victim of injury, not lazyness. I don't like his attitude after the NY game but am not willing to bash him for it...we had TO for heaven's sake!

He did well as the year went by and then disappeared after the 9ers lost Edwards. Grant Cohn's article suggesting the 9ers draft Fleener and pick up Colston in FAcy made sense as it would make it impossible for opponents to put the best CB on Crabtree.

that last point make sense. We also need a burner too on the outside.

I think Crabtree may be finding out, talent alone can give you a few good games. Hard work keeps you consistently good every game.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Put me firmly in the 'Crabtree is lazy' camp. It seems to me like he does not put the effort in during the offseason, does not 'fight' separation, and runs sloppy routes out of sheer laziness.

I think he has all the tools to be a superstar WR in an open offense...if he wants to.

Do you know for a fact he's lazy or are you just assuming? I've heard he is a hard worker in the offseason from what I've read. You say he has the tools to become a superstar WR yet.... he runs sloppy routes, is lazy and doesn't fight for separation.

What is it? Makes no sense with nothing supporting anything.
he's a bust
Overrated. I actually think he works hard but that he just isn't that great.
How can people even say that he has no ability to get separation on the deep routes?

I guess no one remembers that most of his touchdowns in 2010 came on deeper passes of 30+ yards, and there were countless times this season where Alex overthrew him when he was wide open on a deep route.
[ Edited by niner4life21 on Jan 28, 2012 at 2:28 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone