Pick One: 1 Super Bowl win or 4 NFC Championship Appearances

Pick One: 1 Super Bowl win or 4 NFC Championship Appearances

Originally posted by defenderDX:
That question is so bad it warrants a warning

stupid question?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Holy potatoes!!!
which brings us to our next topic, dont smoke crack!
Do not want an Eagles run happening here.
But think about it in a different way. And this is perhaps what the op meant. You get one guaranteed SB win but you lose the other 9 years guaranteed. OR you are playing in 4 NFC championship games and can possibly win MULTIPLE Super Bowls. I think the odds are good that we get one SB out of 4 NFC Championship appearances, and have the chance to get MORE than one.

I dont know that's just how I read it. Maybe I like to roll the dice and see if we can get 2 or even 3 SBs out of this question

Any of you interpret the question like that? Because I am inclined to maybe gamble and get greedy for an extra SB trophy.
Originally posted by ezekiel40:
But think about it in a different way. And this is perhaps what the op meant. You get one guaranteed SB win but you lose the other 9 years guaranteed. OR you are playing in 4 NFC championship games and can possibly win MULTIPLE Super Bowls. I think the odds are good that we get one SB out of 4 NFC Championship appearances, and have the chance to get MORE than one.

I dont know that's just how I read it. Maybe I like to roll the dice and see if we can get 2 or even 3 SBs out of this question

Any of you interpret the question like that? Because I am inclined to maybe gamble and get greedy for an extra SB trophy.

I'm pretty sure that's EXACTLY what the OP was asking.

One Super Bowl win in 10 years, while the other 9 are guaranteed to not be SB years

Or

4 NFC Championship appearances with the possibility of winning FOUR SBs

I'd probably risk it. If the team is good enough to get to the NFC Championship that many times in 10 years, they're likely to win at least one of the years.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Jan 28, 2012 at 3:57 AM ]
I at one point thought the niners would never win another SB ever
Originally posted by 49erRider:
I'm pretty sure that's EXACTLY what the OP was asking.

One Super Bowl win in 10 years, while the other 9 are guaranteed to not be SB years

Or

4 NFC Championship appearances with the possibility of winning FOUR SBs

I'd probably risk it. If the team is good enough to get to the NFC Championship that many times in 10 years, they're likely to win at least one of the years.

Yes this is exactly what I was asking - but it seems like everyone just saw the first post making fun of this topic and piled on. Whatever.