There are 127 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Get rid of Kyle Williams or keep him?

Get rid of Kyle Williams or keep him?

Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by kidash98:
I'm damn glad you guys are not the GM or the coach of this team....

I'd be a better GM than you.

Alex would not have been a part of this team for some time if you were our GM. I don't see how we have our season we had without him.

Dont kid yourself there are probably 10-15 QBs in this league that could have given us 17tds and 3000 yards. With this defense and special teams almost any decent QB would have gotten the job done.

But lets not turn this into an Alex Smith thread.
Originally posted by mustangmele:
Does anyone else feel we should've let Braylon Edwards nurse his injury the proper way and kept him? I really think he could've helped us in the playoffs. Cutting him was dumb and premature. He did a good job when healthy and has experience in the playoffs something none of our WR's have (maybe Ginn?). Only one pass to a WR is horrible and Braylon would've helped in that regard I think.

No.

Braylon was completely useless. He couldn't run, couldn't catch, and was never where he was supposed to be on any given pattern.
I say cut him if it wasent for his 2 fumbles the 49ers would of been heading to the suberbowl...put him in the rams or one of those sucky teams.
Make him earn it back.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
No.

Braylon was completely useless. He couldn't run, couldn't catch, and was never where he was supposed to be on any given pattern.

I don't know man... the question is: was he that way because he wasn't healthy or because he just doesn't have it? I think him being unhealthy had something to do with. He was great 1 on 1 and had the physical tools to out muscle his defender. Plus he can make acrobatic catches. So what if he's hurt and can't run the best routes. Use him as a decoy to manage the safties going deep and if the saftey doesn't follow and Braylon has the one on one match up toss it up.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Make him earn it back.

The fact that he's under contract, and we are thin on receivers, it will fall to this if he's in the roster next year.

he'll make the final roster next year, no doubt in my mind. If he doesn't, i'll blow all of you.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
he'll make the final roster next year, no doubt in my mind. If he doesn't, i'll blow all of you.

saving this post
Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Make him earn it back.

The fact that he's under contract, and we are thin on receivers, it will fall to this if he's in the roster next year.

what do we do if it comes down to a tie??
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
keep him. he did not single handedly lose that game for us. being unable to move the ball for 5 straight possessions lost the game. if we kick a fg during one of those drives kyle would not have fumbled. but no our offense couldn't do s**t.
Originally posted by BenQ:
keep him. he did not single handedly lose that game for us. being unable to move the ball for 5 straight possessions lost the game. if we kick a fg during one of those drives kyle would not have fumbled. but no our offense couldn't do s**t.

winning 14-10 lulz
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
winning 14-10 lulz
had someone other than dixon ran a third and one, we would have gotten a first down, killed more clock, got at least a field goal to make is 17-10, the punt never would have happend and we would have been in the super bowl. I guess it is easier to lay it on the feet of one person to some
Originally posted by mustangmele:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
No.

I don't know man... the question is: was he that way because he wasn't healthy or because he just doesn't have it? I think him being unhealthy had something to do with. He was great 1 on 1 and had the physical tools to out muscle his defender. Plus he can make acrobatic catches. So what if he's hurt and can't run the best routes. Use him as a decoy to manage the safties going deep and if the saftey doesn't follow and Braylon has the one on one match up toss it up.

I think him being unhealthy had a HUGE part of it but he wasn't healthy for that game either. He looked much better before he got hurt, but he got hurt, so there was no use for him.

It's also pretty clear that he wasn't a part of the teams long term plans or they would just have put him on IR.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Jan 27, 2012 at 10:49 AM ]
Maybe we should fire Jim Harbaugh for putting him out there.....

However, I propose neither. Let Williams come back and compete for a spot.

P.S. I am not sure why people are so angry with Williams, and Williams alone. The kid isn't even the normal PR guy. It is like blaming a linebacker who is the backup kicker for missing a field goal. The guy tried his best.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

i was going to come in here and say we should obviously keep him but this post changed my mind. cut him. cut him now.