Originally posted by cgida:
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
When I was watching the Patriots Ravens game I was most impressed with Wes Welker's ability to go to the ground to catch a ball. He was sold out to catch a ball. I hope that this years off season brings us a couple of players that have Welker's desire to catch a ball at any cost, with Belitnikoff hands. To me it seems that unless the ball is almost perfectly thrown several of our receivers can not, or will not, catch it. Where can we get big, fast, receivers that will go out to catch the bad ball and keep us moving the chains?
Even Belitnikoff wouldn't have the same hands today since they outlawed stickum.
But the issue with Welker is he would be willing to fall to the ground to catch a pass. He would stretch out to catch a pass and he has fantastic hands. Most of Brady's passes are on target but when they are not Welker goes and gets the ball. Our receivers do not like to get dirty and go and get the ball. If it is not on their hands they have difficulty adjusting to get it. Crabtree is willing to jump to get a ball, but to lay out for a ball is difficult. So what I want is someone who will come back to the QB, lay out, fall down, whatever he has to do to get to the ball, and then catch the thing. Is there such a player in the draft this year?

