There are 40 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 San Francisco 49ers FA Targets / Draft Needs Thread (Niner Talk Edition)

I would like to have either Dwayne Bowe or Vincent Jackson + draft a receiver with world class speed! Then all we would need is a Quarterback who isn't afraid to throw deep for fear of getting it picked off! In other words, anybody than Alex Fricking Smith!!!!!
Originally posted by YungAce:
My dream offseason would at least be to sign either Bowe or V-Jax, but there's no way that'll happen with a lot of our current players at the end of their contracts. Schefter predicts we'll sign Colston even after re-signing Alex, Goldson, and Rogers. I'm not sure how that will work but that would be a huge upgrade to our offense. My only problem is that he's known to be injury prone. Schefter also said we could trade up a few spots to draft WR Kendall Wright.

Fills both of our WR needs: Speedy Playmaker + Tall receiver

Hopefully we'll be able to retain a couple of the Tony Montana guys and Ahmad Brooks
when and where can i hear or see what schefter said? im not really that big of a fan of vincent jackson due to the fact that hes approaching 30 when theres plenty of other wrs in their 20's
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
If I was an elite reciever, no way in hell would I want to go to the Niners......just saying.

But therein lies the problem. Didn't we have the most Pro-Bowler's of any team? They are ALL going to want big money.

How many Pro-Bowl defenders do we lose to acquire our super WR?

Keeping the D together has to bethe number 1 priority (unless we can upgrade on the cheap). It is our bread and butter.
I think Bowe is a realistic possibility. If I was a wide out and had to choose between SF and KC, I would choose SF in a heartbeat. Pick up a rookie, cut/trade Williams and Crabtree and were in business.
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1028841-nfl-free-agents-2012-5-wide-receivers-the-san-francisco-49ers-should-target#/articles/1028841-nfl-free-agents-2012-5-wide-receivers-the-san-francisco-49ers-should-target/page/2

Two of these and we could have payback!

St Louis Cardinals, lol. I love the bleacher report

I didn't realize Baldwin was a FA. Given his connection to Harbaugh and our apparent preference for lower tier FA's, I could see that happening. If he even gets to FA, of course.
Originally posted by Overkill:
St Louis Cardinals, lol. I love the bleacher report

I didn't realize Baldwin was a FA. Given his connection to Harbaugh and our apparent preference for lower tier FA's, I could see that happening. If he even gets to FA, of course.

I don't see us landing Baldwin, he made it pretty apparent this season that he wasn't a fan of Harbaughs after he didn't draft him.
Just seen this: I don't know if this is an opinion by someone who made up this topic, or if Jim harbaugh is really interested in this guy!
http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/1/24/2730556/2012-nfl-free-agents-peyton-hillis-san-francisco-49ers
great power back

also takes a lot of pressure of gore
The guy with a bad attitude? No thanks.

If Holmgren would let him walk, no reason we should want him
[ Edited by SealTeam6 on Jan 24, 2012 at 8:52 PM ]
Originally posted by SealTeam6:

Aren't you going to have a bad attitude if you loose all the time ? At least have an attitude for WINNING! You play to win, PERIOD!
yea sure he would be a good addition...that is of course when he is healthy.

dont want to pay for a running back that will miss most of the games
no way, that kids a head case.
Originally posted by Red_Gold18:
Originally posted by SealTeam6:

Aren't you going to have a bad attitude if you loose all the time ? At least have an attitude for WINNING! You play to win, PERIOD!

Not on our team. Did you see bad attitudes the last 10 years. Being a b***h dosent make you a winner. You should know that by now.
Any combination of two Bowe, Meachem, or Johnson, and draft Dwight Jones.
Do the Hawks have any rights to Doug Baldwin? he'd be nice pick up.