There are 273 users in the forums

Revisiting the 2011 draft picks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
IDK about Cully I thought he was going to be real good but now I'm not to sure his last 4 games were awful

He was a rookie though..

AWFUL? Are you serious? Do you remember how bad the CB play used to be on this team? I'm talking Mike Rumph, Sammy Davis... hell Nate friggin' Clements.

Chris Culliver played out of his SKULL this year. Everyone gets beat at some point, but Culliver never got abused like Nate Clements did while he was in SF.

Un-real.
this^
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Cully had his inconsistencies but he by far exceeded my expectations.
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
this^

People seem to forget when we had all pros like Bruce Thornton and Derrick Johnson patrolling our secondary.
good draft, lets follow it up with another one Baalke
too early to judge it's only been one season.
Webzoners seem to forget that Ronald Johnson was the consensus best value pick in the draft and many projected him to make major contributions. I think he was like the 7th ranked WR and Baldwin was the 28th. You cannot say we missed because EVERY team and GM missed 7 or 8 times for Baldwin.

It would have been nice. I do believe Harbaugh was not trying to play favorites with his Stanford players. But he did get a high % of Stanford players as UDFA.

Chase Beeler and Konrad Rheuland actually might make the roster in the future.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Konrad Rheuland was catching everything in preseason. Maybe he need to get bigger and become a better blocker.
Originally posted by pd24:
Konrad Rheuland was catching everything in preseason. Maybe he need to get bigger and become a better blocker.

Him and Byham will compete for that 3rd TE spot
Sammy Davis.....shhhhh! We dare not speak his name.

I agree that it would have been nice to get Baldwin, and Harbaugh even said so during a press conference at some point, but if our only real miss was a mid-to-late round WR, that's a damn good draft.

As much as I'd like to see Kilgore push for more time next year, I was really intrigued by something one of the Matt's threw out there the other day: they mentioned New Orleans OG Carl Nicks as a possible FA pickup. Put him on the right side, let Snyder be the interior backup, and let Chilo go. That right there is an offensive line that any team would be happy to roll out on Sundays.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Aldon Smith--man did you guys see him get bounced by a Giant--he went flying into the air like a rag doll. But he's not phased...he goes back for more. Dude's attitude is ridiculous.

He seems very mature for his age which is going to be a huge plus...nice job TB and JH!

i remember his flying off the snap so fast i thought theyd flag him for offsides, running aloop around the guy blocking him and coming up behind manning for the sack--awesome, just awesome

Originally posted by Hopper:
Cully had his inconsistencies but he by far exceeded my expectations.

even when culliver got beat he usually was tight on his man e.g the td catch by colston in saints game
Share 49ersWebzone