Originally posted by RonMexico:
f**k kyle williams

f**k Roger Craig.

f**k Lawrence Phillips

f**k Dexter Carter

f**k Hearst's ankle
f**k the giants
Originally posted by TXNinerFan52:
Stop crying it was the right call. His forward progress was stopped before he lost the ball.

pretty much
He blew the whistle and raised his arm BECAUSE he saw the fumble. Ref had Giants + the 2 1/2.
[ Edited by phiLthyphiL on Jan 25, 2012 at 7:22 AM ]
terrible call, must have been a tim donaghy clone
the real blame for the loss will always remain on abandoning the running game and putting it all on alex smith and for alex smith for sucking
That play only bothered me because there was a Gore run either soon before or after where the refs let the giants D hold up Gore and rip at the ball for like 5 seconds. Gore didn't fumble obviously but it was like the ref saw the ball coming out and then blew the whistle which pissed me off.
The first thing I thought of after that call was when Vince Young, in his rookie year I believe, was wrapped up by a defensive lineman stopping his forward progress. Before the whistle was blown, however, Young got free, as the defender had thought the play was over and released him, allowing Young to make a play. Would love for somebody to post that video.
Could have gone either way. Since it was ruled forward progress on the field, then the fubmle dosent count. Sucks, but that's the rule...
Great...another reason for me to hate the refs and the NYG, they won, but didn't DESERVE to win. Big difference! I dislike both Giants and Patriots, yet I hope Brady tears them apart...even if it means I have to hear the Brady vs. Montana argument again.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by TXNinerFan52:
Stop crying it was the right call. His forward progress was stopped before he lost the ball.

pretty much

yea, but the whistle is the end all. and the end all didn't come till after the ball was loose. Also, when the hell do you ever hear a whistle at the exact moment forward progress is stopped? Rarely.

imagine they call "foward progress" every time Marshawn Lynch struggles for extra yards

there were two refs there, one let them play one, the other raised his arm and blew the whistle way AFTER the ball had come out
Wow, that may be the quickest forward progress (stop) call of all time. That ball was ripped out within 2 seconds (of being touched) and clearly, the whistle was well after the strip. No question the ref on the spot called it...he even pointed in favor of the Giants direction immediately and ran over to the other ref to claim forward progress had been stopped.

But I tell you what, that may be the quickest call I have ever seen. I have literally seen plays where 4 seconds is allowed and have resulted in strips/big plays. Plays like this need to be able to be reviewed esp. this close to the end of the game (almost at the 2 minute warning) and in this magnitude of the game.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 25, 2012 at 10:13 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WereGoin2DaShip:
imagine they call "foward progress" every time Marshawn Lynch struggles for extra yards

there were two refs there, one let them play one, the other raised his arm and blew the whistle way AFTER the ball had come out

Exactly. Also Barry Sanders would've been a scrub.
we didn't lose the game from this play we lost becuase of kyle williams
Originally posted by leebert81:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by Youngb:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
f**k kyle williams

f**k Roger Craig.

f**k Lawrence Phillips

f**k Dexter Carter

f**k Hearst's ankle