LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 208 users in the forums

The Non Fumble Call

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fryet
  • Veteran
While I certainly wish that it had been a fumble, it did look like the correct call to me. His forward momentum had been stopped, and he was being pushed back, and then the ball was stripped. He wasn't fighting for more yardage at that point. Do refs normally blow the whistle in such situations? I couldn't say, but it did look like the correct call.
My problem with the call is the same as Harbaugh's. Every play was allowed to play to the end of the play...except that one.
Quickest whistle of the year award winner.
I'm so bummed out. These giant fans are actually gloating about this win... Everyone saw it was a gift... It was a fumble.... So long of a season to fall short.. Just a bunch of yyyyyyyyyyy now. This just eats me up. We had that game and wrapped it up and gave it to them....
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
I'm so bummed out. These giant fans are actually gloating about this win... Everyone saw it was a gift... It was a fumble.... So long of a season to fall short.. Just a bunch of yyyyyyyyyyy now. This just eats me up. We had that game and wrapped it up and gave it to them....

I wouldn't say we "had" that game, but I look at it this way. Two punts that were f'ed up and that was 2 offensive posessions taken away. Who knows what would have happened with those possessions
This is going to burn for a long time. 9 freaking years of painfully watching my boys. This happens. So many chances we had and I'm at work gotta here these freaking dirtbags talk crap. As a true fan I would be happy my team won but wouldn't gloat about it like they are. Style points. 0. I mean gave away the game cause we fumbled on there I don't know exactly but would guess 15yard line. :(((((((
Originally posted by TheChozen:
My problem with the call is the same as Harbaugh's. Every play was allowed to play to the end of the play...except that one.

Yup the ref ran in like a maniac to make sure the fumble wasn't called.

Blowing the whistle after the ball pops out.
Moron
death threats to the refs anyone...?
Originally posted by maximill15:
horrible call...karma from the no PI call last time we played

I thought there is no PI call on a special teams play...and plus the guy was an ineligible receiver

too...
Originally posted by Hitman49:
I thought there is no PI call on a special teams play...and plus the guy was an ineligible receiver

too...

Are you referring to the guy who touched the ball after he came back in bounds? I think the reason for its non-call was the fact it touched Williams, first.

too...

I thought he was Ineligible also.......They analyzed the play after the fact(next day) and the giants player was eligible.......there was a penalty on both teams...(offsetting) redo the play and the giants get to try for a fg again
Originally posted by Fozzyg51:
I thought the refs had a good game except for the fumble call. The Vernon call to say he was in was very good when an official could easily have called him out. The fumble though...that was pure BS! The one time in the game they blow the whistle early it costs us a turnover that could very well have won the game for us. What about when the Giants would drive Alex/Frank into the ground when their forward progress had stopped. Remembering now, didn't they also miss Alex getting pushed while out of bounds, clearly a 15 yard penalty?

I totally forgot about that one, Harbaugh looked like he was ready to beat the refs @ss for not calling that one.
Originally posted by vamphunter23:

too...

I thought he was Ineligible also.......They analyzed the play after the fact(next day) and the giants player was eligible.......there was a penalty on both teams...(offsetting) redo the play and the giants get to try for a fg again

He was eligible. Ref forgot he reported. With the PI call the Giants should have gotten another play. Even without the PI no way that guy catches the ball in my opinion.

fffffffffffffffff
At the end of the segment it stated the NFL apologized to the Giants for getting it wrong......We won't get one nor would I accept one "F#CK THEM"
Ya..the NFL apologizing pissed me off more than anything. They would never do anything like that for us. East coast b******t.
Share 49ersWebzone