There are 146 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Non Fumble Call

Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
So pissed when I think of the crap that happened to the Niners in that game. It was quite evident that ALL the luck was on their side. From the missed interceptions, to Kyle Williams' fumbles, to this crappy call. I have never seen a game where one team had EVERY ounce of luck on the field.

....and to make matters worse, all I am hearing today is how Eli established himself as one of the elite QBs. That was one of the worst QB performances you could ask for. He got locked down in the second half, and was lucky he didnt throw 2-4 interceptions. Whether it was our guys running into each other or just slipping on the break, he got lucky he wasn't intercepted multiple times.

Agree with much of this post....

Sometimes in these type of games, there seems to be one team that is just destined to win, even if that team doesn't really deserve to. The Patriots played poorly yesterday but got a couple of breaks late and won. The Giants certainly did not outplay the Niners yet won. Eli contributed to the win but was certainly not the reason NY won....and I do agree that he was lucky that he didn't have a couple of picks. He did make a great play on that second TD pass though....3rd and 15 and he drills it to Manningham. To me, this was the most critical play of the game. If that pass falls incomplete, the Giants have to settle for 3, the score is 14-13 Niners and the last few minutes are very different.

I'll just say this...the Giants were very, very fortunate to win that game. They got 10 points in the second half and all of those points were given to them on a short field after turnovers by a young player who was replacing an injured vet. Had that vet not been hurt, Niners probably win. The football gods simply were not with the Niners on this day.

This one definitely hurts... That Niner defense deserves to be in the SB. ....but what to do now?....go back to the drawing board, stock up on stud wideouts and some OL and DL depth and come out next season and dominate. I hope the team uses this "loss" as fuel for the "fire in their bellies" next season. I'm sure Harbaugh will.

Cheers!
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
Agree with much of this post....

Sometimes in these type of games, there seems to be one team that is just destined to win, even if that team doesn't really deserve to. The Patriots played poorly yesterday but got a couple of breaks late and won. The Giants certainly did not outplay the Niners yet won. Eli contributed to the win but was certainly not the reason NY won....and I do agree that he was lucky that he didn't have a couple of picks. He did make a great play on that second TD pass though....3rd and 15 and he drills it to Manningham. To me, this was the most critical play of the game. If that pass falls incomplete, the Giants have to settle for 3, the score is 14-13 Niners and the last few minutes are very different.

I'll just say this...the Giants were very, very fortunate to win that game. They got 10 points in the second half and all of those points were given to them on a short field after turnovers by a young player who was replacing an injured vet. Had that vet not been hurt, Niners probably win. The football gods simply were not with the Niners on this day.

This one definitely hurts... That Niner defense deserves to be in the SB. ....but what to do now?....go back to the drawing board, stock up on stud wideouts and some OL and DL depth and come out next season and dominate. I hope the team uses this "loss" as fuel for the "fire in their bellies" next season. I'm sure Harbaugh will.

Cheers!
Agreed. I just hope that the Free Agent players really care about this team more than money. That is a longshot these days, so I wont be holding my breath.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
Agree with much of this post....

Sometimes in these type of games, there seems to be one team that is just destined to win, even if that team doesn't really deserve to. The Patriots played poorly yesterday but got a couple of breaks late and won. The Giants certainly did not outplay the Niners yet won. Eli contributed to the win but was certainly not the reason NY won....and I do agree that he was lucky that he didn't have a couple of picks. He did make a great play on that second TD pass though....3rd and 15 and he drills it to Manningham. To me, this was the most critical play of the game. If that pass falls incomplete, the Giants have to settle for 3, the score is 14-13 Niners and the last few minutes are very different.

I'll just say this...the Giants were very, very fortunate to win that game. They got 10 points in the second half and all of those points were given to them on a short field after turnovers by a young player who was replacing an injured vet. Had that vet not been hurt, Niners probably win. The football gods simply were not with the Niners on this day.

This one definitely hurts... That Niner defense deserves to be in the SB. ....but what to do now?....go back to the drawing board, stock up on stud wideouts and some OL and DL depth and come out next season and dominate. I hope the team uses this "loss" as fuel for the "fire in their bellies" next season. I'm sure Harbaugh will.

Cheers!
Agreed. I just hope that the Free Agent players really care about this team more than money. That is a longshot these days, so I wont be holding my breath.
rogers possibly with his statements, goldson i doubt that and thats why his ass is getting slapped with the franchise tag
  • Luca
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 324
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-playoffs/09000d5d8263fe84/Bradshaw-s-controversial-near-fumble

IT WAS A FUMBLE!

ball was in the air when the whistle blew.............good find.....
Kinda like the ref saw the ball out and blew the whistle.
Originally posted by Luca:
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-playoffs/09000d5d8263fe84/Bradshaw-s-controversial-near-fumble

IT WAS A FUMBLE!

ball was in the air when the whistle blew.............good find.....
Kinda like the ref saw the ball out and blew the whistle.

Exactly what I saw too... BS...
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,354
AHHHHHHHHHHHhh Pisses me off so much they blew that call. Its playoffs!!!!!!!!!! you let them play all the way. And the refs not calling penalty for ripping helmet off and holding Justin all game PLEASE GIVE ME A BREAK NFL. You blew that call now admit it sack up and say you messed up on that fumble. Totally lost on the fumble play.
#28 Mark Hittner does he have a twitter account??? his whole demeanour when showing his decision was shady. also it showed that he clearly blew his whistle after the ball was out.
Hittner was on the Superbowl XL ref team.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,354
Originally posted by richierich:
Hittner was on the Superbowl XL ref team.

says it all
when the whistle blew does not matter, it is when the ref started to blow his whistle. i was a soccer ref and it takes time to register what you saw, bring the whistle to your mouth, and then blow it.

as i said at the tailgate(tom jackson said it to) the call fit the letter of the law but not the spirit of it.
Man i was at the game so didn't see that until now.

Utterly heartbreaking. I've seen this call made earlier in the year.

Wasn't that the game where Whitner stripped the guy who was ruled down by forward progress? Wasn't that the giants game?!!?

f**k!
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Man i was at the game so didn't see that until now.

Utterly heartbreaking. I've seen this call made earlier in the year.

Wasn't that the game where Whitner stripped the guy who was ruled down by forward progress? Wasn't that the giants game?!!?

f**k!

yes

similiar thing happened agaist Giants week 10
Originally posted by Axl49:
Originally posted by richierich:
Hittner was on the Superbowl XL ref team.

says it all

what happened on that one?
I thought the refs had a good game except for the fumble call. The Vernon call to say he was in was very good when an official could easily have called him out. The fumble though...that was pure BS! The one time in the game they blow the whistle early it costs us a turnover that could very well have won the game for us. What about when the Giants would drive Alex/Frank into the ground when their forward progress had stopped. Remembering now, didn't they also miss Alex getting pushed while out of bounds, clearly a 15 yard penalty?
The second time we lost a fumble on forward progress against the giants. very frustrating.