There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How are you guys doing today?

I'm not turning on ESPN for the next two weeks. The East Coast c********rs are going to be out in full force.

Oh, and I still want Kyle Williams gone.
Originally posted by 3RDINFINTRY:
The Alex Smith of 2005-2010 showed up yesterday.
Take away the 2 tds on blown coverage, he did NOTHING.
Your coach basically did his best to hide Smith all year, and in a game where he needed to step up, he couldnt.
The WRS on your team had ZERO seperation.
Your defense is AMAZING and very IMPRESSIVE. They kept you in the game..
Either or, Great game, great season and good luck next year.

Wow great post! Who was Alex going to throw the ball too? Our WR's couldn't get open and that is on Alex Smith? You take away Eli's two TD's and he didn't do s**t either. Eli had 100 more yards but also threw it 60 times. Two great defenses, with the Giants having the better WR's and that was what decided the game. Our WR's were the biggest problem on the field. Not Alex Smith. I can only take from your IMPRESSIVE post that you're a Saints or Giants fan undercover coming in here to say I told you so about Alex Smith.

Did the coaches hide Alex Smith last week? We have nobody outside of Davis to throw to. Crabtree might be servicable with a descent WR opposite of him but until then......
Listening to KNBR (via internet) from KY is helping.....feeling the pain with others helps ease the pain.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
It sucks, but deep down the ambiguous situation with our offense left a "don't quite deserve it yet" kind of feeling this weekend so it was more accepting fate.

Cannot blame KW for this. Not one bit. If it happened after some great offense, maybe we can pin it on him a bit.....but just like that long snapper that killed it for the Giants in '02, you cannot excuse a major part of your team.

I think what's bothering me more is hearing talk radio bash our WRs and Alex. Bob Papa called our receivers terrible, and the Ross sidekick guy called Alex an average QB over and over.

Await the future. A little upset over the way the Ravens lost.....would have been cheering for them big time. Now stuck with another superbowl I have no real interest in.

This is all of Kyle Williams fault. His mistakes led to 10 Giants points. The WR's were terrible and we need a major upgrade at that position! The offense was matching the giants yard for yard for most of the game and the defense was not allowing any long drives. this lost clearly falls on KW alone!
[ Edited by ace8016 on Jan 23, 2012 at 12:56 PM ]
What makes it tough is when u realize that we prob will never have another chance setup so nicely. Meaning Making it to the champ game and not having to go on the road during the playoffs. Hosting the champ game against a team we already beat. Sloppy field. Everything was on our side. Its going to be a lot harder next year I will bet you that.
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
What makes it tough is when u realize that we prob will never have another chance setup so nicely. Meaning Making it to the champ game and not having to go on the road during the playoffs. Hosting the champ game against a team we already beat. Sloppy field. Everything was on our side. Its going to be a lot harder next year I will bet you that.

this...

opportunities like this don't come very often.
Terrible!
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Wow great post! Who was Alex going to throw the ball too? Our WR's couldn't get open and that is on Alex Smith? You take away Eli's two TD's and he didn't do s**t either. Eli had 100 more yards but also threw it 60 times. Two great defenses, with the Giants having the better WR's and that was what decided the game. Our WR's were the biggest problem on the field. Not Alex Smith. I can only take from your IMPRESSIVE post that you're a Saints or Giants fan undercover coming in here to say I told you so about Alex Smith.

Did the coaches hide Alex Smith last week? We have nobody outside of Davis to throw to. Crabtree might be servicable with a descent WR opposite of him but until then......

Exactly. I think the Braylon Edwards project was a mistake. The way we handled it and the moves that were not made after we cut him came back to bite us in the end. Also, I thought that Spencer should have been active in a game against a physical team in the Giants and slick weather conditions. Eli knew he had Brock on that throw. I would have liked to have had a more veteran presence in the defensive backfield in a game of this magnitude.
I guess some of us can take comfort knowing we will have an entire offseason to re-tool the roster, and add the players needed to take a couple more steps next season .......

Before I left for work I deleted the game from my DVR, I am not going to re-watch that game ...EVER
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:

this...

opportunities like this don't come very often.

agreed such a f**king wasted opportunity. we have a tougher schedule next yr with 2 division rivals getting better and possibly the 3rd with a new coach. you have a bye in the playoffs, you beat a team with such an explosive offense on 1 of the biggest plays in history, later you find out you wont have to go to a place this franchise cant win even if they had a hall of fame player at every position and you face a damn 9-7 team at home that you once beat during the yr for a trip to the sb and fail because of mistakes we havent made ALL DAMN SEASON!! next yr we can end up playing in the wc round and then even go to NO or GB, getting to the championship game is not an easy task and if it was the pats wouldve been playing in it every yr. this is why this loss hurts so much, yeah i can get over it easier if the we just got flat out beat by the better team but clearly the better team lost.

the thing im looking forward is what baalke does to get playmakers at the wr position and the potential battle between alex and kap
[ Edited by FredFlintstone on Jan 23, 2012 at 8:28 AM ]
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I guess some of us can take comfort knowing we will have an entire offseason to re-tool the roster, and add the players needed to take a couple more steps next season .......

Before I left for work I deleted the game from my DVR, I am not going to re-watch that game ...EVER

s**t i did that as soon as the game ended, dont want nothing to do with that game
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
It sucks, but deep down the ambiguous situation with our offense left a "don't quite deserve it yet" kind of feeling this weekend so it was more accepting fate.

Cannot blame KW for this. Not one bit. If it happened after some great offense, maybe we can pin it on him a bit.....but just like that long snapper that killed it for the Giants in '02, you cannot excuse a major part of your team.

I think what's bothering me more is hearing talk radio bash our WRs and Alex. Bob Papa called our receivers terrible, and the Ross sidekick guy called Alex an average QB over and over.

Await the future. A little upset over the way the Ravens lost.....would have been cheering for them big time. Now stuck with another superbowl I have no real interest in.

I guess the "Silver Lining" of this whole thing is that this team far exceeded everyone's expectations this year. NO ONE picked San Francisco to play in the NFC Championship game, especially given the situation they had with a rookie head coach and the lock out. Although I'm sorely disappointed we didn't make it to the Super Bowl, I am proud of this team, its coaches, and the front office. Every one of them has impressed me, and I believe this team will be better next season, and for many more years to come. The success they've tasted this season will only make them hungrier for more.

I believe Baalke - with Harbaugh's input - will make the right personnel decisions to keep who needs to be kept; let go those who don't belong; bring in FAs who will contribute to this team; and draft future stars. At this time last year, we were all uncertain of the future of the 49ers. Look at us now. We are back to the "Super-Bowl-Or-Bust" mentality of the great 49ers teams of the '80s and '90s. The pain of defeat will subside, and will be replaced by a desire to win.

Dan
49ers Fan in NC
Have to admit, didn't sleep that well...but in looking back, it was one heckuva season. Giants deserved to move on...our guys put up a valiant fight, but the Williams mistakes really cost. I feel for the kid...he's still got a good future..I see him developing into a nice slot receiver. Definitely missed Ginn as a returner...it's a tough job and he handles it very well. Our future's bright...you know Harbaugh/Baalke will address upgrading the receiving corps, and Baalke will try to re-sign a number of their own FA's:

- Snyder
- Brooks
- Rogers
- Goldson
- Spillman
- Costanzo
- Alex
- Morgan
That was a tough loss to take. No two ways about it. I've been in a funk since light night about it.

But most of all I'm very proud of this 49ers team. They don't have a lot of playmakers on offense and but for two bungled punts by Williams, the 49ers shutdown the Giants.

Soup and nuts and buts. Don't matter. They won. We lost.

The thing is none of the experts--NOT ONE OF THEM---predicted the 49ers would be playing for a shot at the Super Bowl. That can't be ignored. This team of 49ers didn't overachieve. They achieved nearly everything except one thing and that's a problem that can be resolved by adding some studs on offense and resigning and coaching up the good young talent Harbaugh and company have in place.

The future's so bright I gotta wear sunglasses.
I'm happy because I don't think we were beaten, we gave it away.

I am very disappointed that we let one of our strengths be our downfall.

I love that we are relevant.

I absolutely hate that experts think they were right. When they don't know s**t.

Like Harbuagh over Sing, but I give more credit to our players finally maturing and coming together.

VD showed up in the playoffs but his two Personal Fouls just show what a dumb f**k he still is.

3 fumbles by the same guy- that is coaching.

2 / 13 on 3rd down coaching and Baalke not finding somebody other practice squad white guys for Alex

Bad bad bad
[ Edited by SealTeam6 on Jan 23, 2012 at 8:32 AM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home