There are 190 users in the forums

While it is fresh in your head, give me your really short list of off season wishes

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by glorydayz:
What we have on offense; decent O-line,QB, and an all world Tight End.

Truth be told, we need a running back that can carrie the load. Kyle Williams fumbled it away today, however it shouldn't have come to that. We couldn't run the ball at all for the past 7-8 weeks! We need a running game and Gore showed us (on the biggest stage) that he is done!

We couldn't convert on 3rd down at all today. Gore didn't go over 100 yards rushing in the playoffs and he seemed timid when he did get the ball.

So to answer the question I would shore up all/most of the defensive guys that have contracts that will expire. Then I would go out and look for a top flight running back and some recivers that can seperate from DB's.

I disagree. I think Gore was very good today, at least when he was in the game.

But if you want to get another RB to do what the Giants do with Jacobs/Bradshaw....I agree.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

Truth be told, we need a running back that can carrie the load. Kyle Williams fumbled it away today, however it shouldn't have come to that. We couldn't run the ball at all for the past 7-8 weeks! We need a running game and Gore showed us (on the biggest stage) that he is done!

We couldn't convert on 3rd down at all today. Gore didn't go over 100 yards rushing in the playoffs and he seemed timid when he did get the ball.

So to answer the question I would shore up all/most of the defensive guys that have contracts that will expire. Then I would go out and look for a top flight running back and some recivers that can seperate from DB's.

But if you want to get another RB to do what the Giants do with Jacobs/Bradshaw....I agree.

I don't care what the Giants do, I want a real running back that can pick up tough yards, block, and catch the ball. A running back that can do this at all times not just against the soft teams! A running back that can do all of that stuff in the playoffs!
All skill positions have to be in consideration to upgrade except TEs. Hate to say but OL might be the case as well.
[ Edited by 4949GdBd on Jan 22, 2012 at 11:35 PM ]
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Resign brooks

Draft an rb
keep Jim tomsula. more weapons at WR and depth on oline
After resigning Alex Smith keeping the defense intact should be our highest priority. Goldson, Rogers, and Brooks have to be resigned.

I know everyone's going to want a expensive receiver but I don't think we have the cap room to spend big on a receiver and keep our young talented defense. When you break it down spending big money on a receiver rarely works. New York, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, New Orleans they built their receiving core they didn't buy it.

Resign our talent and use the draft to bring in some receivers.

I don't care what the Giants do, I want a real running back that can pick up tough yards, block, and catch the ball. A running back that can do this at all times not just against the soft teams! A running back that can do all of that stuff in the playoffs!

You do realize gore was 16-75 rite! That's a lil under 5ypc right. That was also wit a game plan that called for getting away from the run. It could be mabad but if you're blaming da L on a lack of a RB that can carry da load gtfoh wit dat sh!t. Gore was breaking tackles, dragging foos, & getting yards in chunks. Beside having speed what can't he do he do.

Hey Bro, the niners haven't made it to the playoffs in 9 years, so how do you know Gore can't cut it? The staff was swithcing him out with Dixon and Hunter, is that Gores fault? He is one of the best at picking up blitzers to.

My list:
Resign Alex
Keep the coaching staff;
Resign our Key D players
Get a true WR, I like the idea of Colston in FA
Depth in OL,
Depth at CB

I kinda hope we cut Kyle, probably won't happen, but I don't want him anywhere near the top of the depth chart. I know it's all about the team, and it's a team loss, but his bone head play in particular was what cost the game. Ohh and cut Chilo (unless he makes a big improvment), Maybe, he down right scares me when he's in, but it seemed like he did well with upati out.
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Resign Alex to a 3 year deal. Resign Carlos Rogers, Ahmad Brooks, Josh Morgan, Ted Ginn

Cut Shawntae, Chilo Rachal

Franchise tag Dashon Goldson

Draft WR, CB, OL, DE/OLB.
We need another pass rusher and a d-lineman to groom under Justin.
We badly need WR help
In a league with guys throwing for 5,000 yards, we desperately need to make sure we have 3 starting caliber CB's
We need an Aldon clone

Sign Dwayne Bowe via FA
D-Bowe, Crabtree, Morgan, Kyle Williams, Rookie WR, Ted Ginn

Sign starting caliber CB via FA

Everything this man said, do it, now.
Mohamed Sanu, please.

Trade Alex and Kyle..and get a better O-line..what the butt.
Originally posted by captveg:
Re-sign: A. Smith, Rogers, Goldson, Snyder, Morgan, Ginn, Brooks, Costanzo.

Sign FA: Bowe or Colston

Drat: WR #1, another WR in later rounds, CB (maybe 2), OG, OLB, S, and RB.

I could do this
Let's be real, we're not going to resign everyone. I'd rather re-sign Goldson than Rogers as he's been with this defence for years already and is a real difference maker, Rogers has had a career year and is unlikely to repeat that performance again (hence why the Skins let him go). Brooks should also be resigned as he's a solid backer. Smith will re-sign no matter what, he hasn't go through all this to go somewhere else now just for a payday. Morgan should re-sign (not many teams will take a player coming off IR) and Snyder will never get starter money anywhere so should stay.

We'll no doubt draft a WR and sign one via FA, i'd also expect us to draft a guard, CB and another RB as i don't think Dixon is good enough (look at easily he went down on that 3rd down) and Gore is gradually deteriorating.
WR

WR

WR

WR
the only thing i can think about is WR. morgan and crabs can stay but we need a top flight FA or two and a top flight draft pick to develop. f**k not having any receivers, the niners were famous for their QBs and WRs, we need to give Alex some weapons to take some pressure off VD
Share 49ersWebzone