There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

not a good year for our fanbase

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
f**k Kyle Williams.

But nobody should be harassing him. Personally, I'll never like him as a player again, but I wouldn't threaten or harass him.

this

exactly. i want him cut asap but yeah no death threats and s**t
Originally posted by ninersbaby1:
i say we shut this site down for a couple weeks till every1 cools off all the threads are getting deleted

Yes, that will solve all of our woes. Punish those that dont have a death grudge against anyone for the few mindless boneheads that hide behind a computer.

As for the death threats to Kyle and Billy Cundiff. This is the direct result of social media and information on demand. I'm not happy with Kyle, imagine there are alot of Baltimore fans not pleased with Cundiff, but the fact remains they are just people, like the rest of us. Put their pants on one leg at a time. Anyone can be tough from a keyboard.

For the rest, the shootings, the Saints fans, every other fan out there in the NFL, NBA, Pro baseball, Golf, whatever. This is a game. Its not life. Its a distraction from everyday life. It shouldnt drive you so crazy. There are alot of emotions in games like this, but its a game. Live and die by it when its being played, but we all still get up and go to work tomorrow, including Kyle and Billy.

I'm not sorry I'm a 49er fan, or a football fan when I see things like this. I'm sorry our society looks for reasons to hate each other and put the blame of our own misgivings on those we see every day and can not speak with or touch. It is a sad sad day for our society, not our fan base.

Go niners, go Harbaugh. I pray for you and yours and a great offseason.
Don't drop the ball 3 times, cause people do care. His stupidity made this an issue. But I blame our coaches more for continuing to use him.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
It's a game played on wet grass by 24 year old kids in front of millions of people experiencing more pressure in one moment than any of us will probably feel our entire lives. And it's all for our amusement. Fans were just praying to make it to the playoffs before this season started and now death threats? People need to chill out. The year is far more than this fanbase deserves.
Originally posted by danimal:
Its a human species thing...not a 49er fanbase thing

this
  • huck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
It happens at all NFL stadiums.

No. It doesn't.
Leave the kid alone
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Don't drop the ball 3 times, cause people do care. His stupidity made this an issue. But I blame our coaches more for continuing to use him.

Stupidity?? If you're so awesome at punt returning why weren't you out there in Williams' place? Our fans need to chill the f--k out right now. This was an amazing season, none of us expected to be in the NFC title game. Give the kid a break, he screwed up but it also happened to be wet and messy. Let's keep focused on the positives of this season and how far we can go next season. Some of these fans on this forum are total losers, and I'd rather we have a smaller fan base of the true FAITHFUL than all the posers that have been crucifying Williams.

GO Niners!!!
If the Niners were a Futbol team in Argentina, or some other South American or European country, Kyle Williams would already be dead.
[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Jan 23, 2012 at 7:23 AM ]
f**k kyle williams
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
If the Niners were a Fubtol team in Argentina, or some other South American or European country, Kyle Williams would already be dead.

Exactly why we should be disgusted by the threats and despicable behavior this season by SOME of our fans. When we accept that it "happens everywhere" or that it is "only a few people" we are allowing that which should always be unacceptable. Niner fans have always been better!
I was sitting home last night feeling crappy and hating on Kyle Williams then I realized how crappy he must feel.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
From the gangbangers, to the selling of tickets to opposing team fans, to the death threats of players, I am sick of our fan base. We don't deserve a superbowl ring.

It made me sick with the chants of cruz today. I hate our fans.

Okay but that's just a small portion of fans out there. Don't let a few bad apples spoil your Team pride. There are plenty of fans, myself included, who love and respect this organization for all the great memories since the early 80s. Keep the faith and know that REAL Niner fans are still out here! And at the end of the day (season) we all realize its still just a game!! What a great year!! GO NINERS!!
[ Edited by Ninerfan81 on Jan 23, 2012 at 6:53 AM ]
Originally posted by redpops:
I was sitting home last night feeling crappy and hating on Kyle Williams then I realized how crappy he must feel.

This, men after losing sporting events are the worst possible combination of feminine emotion-driven logic and masculine over-aggression. Bad decisions, comments made at the spur of the moment.
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
From the gangbangers, to the selling of tickets to opposing team fans, to the death threats of players, I am sick of our fan base. We don't deserve a superbowl ring.

It made me sick with the chants of cruz today. I hate our fans.

Okay but that's just a small portion of fans out there. Don't let a few bad apples spoil your Team pride. There are plenty of fans, myself included, who love and respect this organization for all the great memories since the early 80s. Keep the faith and know that REAL Niner fans are still out here! And at the end of the day (season) we all realize its still just a game!! What a great year!! GO NINERS!!
So I want to know more about this from people that were at the game. Who in the f**k was doing that???? That was OUR fans chanting that isht?

NOTHING used to piss me off more back when we would play the Cowboys than when our own f**king fans in our own f**king stadium would chant "MOOOOOOSE" whenever Daryl Johnston would get the ball. Even losing didn't piss me off that much.

Who are these people? I want an accounting right now from you if you were chanting that. Tell me what the hell you were thinking.

I was trying to understand watching it on tv if there were really that many Giants fans at the stick, but it was our own people doing that?

IDIOTS.

But yeah other than that, who in the hell can complain about this season? It has been a dream season. New coach, no training camp, Alex Smith. Hell this is essentially the exact same team we have had the last few years. Get over it. Sheesh.