There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Congrats NY Giants on your win

We gave it to them, but congrats to them for making the plays they did. Yeah, we got robbed on a big call, but we still had chances to win.

f**king Kyle Williams. It's one thing to get the life blasted out of you and lose the ball. One ball you let hit your leg, the other you lose on a hand poke? You're dead to me.
f**k them, we gave them the win, or should I say Kyle Williams did TWICE.
Call me a sore loser, but looking at the way the game played out, the Giants did not deserve to win this game. I have never seen a team less deserving of a SB berth than them. We gave the game away, we beat ourselves. At the least, I will take solace in the fact that the Niners were not beaten as much as they gave the game away.

Williams' first fumble killed all momentum. Then we come back and get a FG. The D is stepping up huge. Then the inexplicable play calling starts. You can argue that their D was shutting us down, but we never tried to run after the FG drive and they couldn't stop it all damn day. This plays out until Williams fumbles another as he tries to play hero.

The Giants did not deserve to win this game at all. The D and Davis and Gore who layer their hearts out did. Our play calling and Williams' ineptitude gifted them that game, moreso than any other I've ever seen.
Originally posted by merm49:
Call me a sore loser, but looking at the way the game played out, the Giants did not deserve to win this game. I have never seen a team less deserving of a SB berth than them. We gave the game away, we beat ourselves. At the least, I will take solace in the fact that the Niners were not beaten as much as they gave the game away.

Williams' first fumble killed all momentum. Then we come back and get a FG. The D is stepping up huge. Then the inexplicable play calling starts. You can argue that their D was shutting us down, but we never tried to run after the FG drive and they couldn't stop it all damn day. This plays out until Williams fumbles another as he tries to play hero.

The Giants did not deserve to win this game at all. The D and Davis and Gore who layer their hearts out did. Our play calling and Williams' ineptitude gifted them that game, moreso than any other I've ever seen.

Agreed as far as Williams killing the momentum. But the Gmen deserved to win this game because we handed it to them. Kyle Williams gave them the game not once, not twice, but three times. There's no excuse after that. Alex Smith and Vernon Davis played their hearts out on offense and the D stepped up big time in the second half, but Kyle Williams handed them the game on multiple occasions. The Giants should have won the game earlier than they did, but we kept shutting them down and holding them off into OT when Williams handed it to them again. We were good, but in the end we handed it to them more than once.
Originally posted by CapitalGmen:
Originally posted by kidash98:
Congrats to the New York Giants. Represent the NFC well in the Super Bowl.

Thanks for all the classy posts in here, I know some aren't but I can understand especially right after losing a tough one. Truth is both of our teams achieved beyond expectations this year, and you should be proud of the core you have built with Harbough at the helm. We won that game because we won TO battle, could of went either way. This was another instant classic and look forward to our regular season matchup next year. Good luck in the future.

We'll see you guys again, I'm sure. Good luck and thanks!

Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
Next year, always next year...sigh

yeaaaa, lucky for u guys u dont live 15 mins from giant stadium it will be a longgggggggggg time b4 i hear the end of this. i must say though most of my friends have been cool about it, but i wont live this down for ages.

Better root for Brady and Belicheat then...

yeaaa i mean, i fn hate the pats but what choice do i have
Be classy, 49ers fan. They made plays when they needed to and we didn't.

As much as I hate to say it, the better team won today.

It was a great game. Congrats to the Giants, they are a very good football team. I just hated the way the game ended. Our defense was giving them hell all 2nd half and into OT. Kyle Williams gift-wrapped 10 points for them. I don't think I can ever forgive him for that. 1-13 on 3rd downs also deserves as much blame as the 2 fumbles, so it's not all on Kyle. We need more playmakers.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jan 22, 2012 at 10:13 PM ]

The better team? Sorry but that was the niners unless you count an unforced turnover as a great job by the giants? Leading to a td against our backup cb. We were the better team today even without converting 3rd downs
f**k the NY Football Giants.

They have now just been added to my most hated list(Cowboys, Packers and Giants) Surprised it took me so long to develop such a hatred for them considering they are the team we have played most often in the post season since the 80's.

At least during the drought I could enjoy the NFL still, I am sure I won't watch the SB this year. I want the Patriots to win though....they have never done anything to the Niners. When we were good, they sucked, when they were good we sucked, until this year and we never played em
Originally posted by elguapo:

The better team? Sorry but that was the niners unless you count an unforced turnover as a great job by the giants? Leading to a td against our backup cb. We were the better team today even without converting 3rd downs

We lost the TO battle and we went 1-15 on third down. They got the lucky bounce and they won because of it. The fact that we made those mistakes at critical times makes them the better team today. If you can't see that, then I'm sorry.

Originally posted by Prodig33:
This pains me to say...

I had complete confidence that we would win this one and advance to the Big Game...

Alas... The Giants Win...

They played a helluva game, lets give them props for what they did.

Im so shocked... but they did what they had to do.. took advantage of their opportunities and won the game... props to them....

Let us be humble, we had a great season beyond most peoples expectations, a little shorter than we all would have liked... but the giants game to play, and they won. GJ Guys...

With all due respect f**k OFF!
Guess im skipping this Super Bowl. Can't stand both teams.

THIS!

I thought Steelers competing for their 6th vs the Tards was bad and honestly didn't wanna root for either team but take away Vinatieri, and Brady would have next to nothing. No way am I rooting for NYG after having to relive the second coming of the Roger Craig fumble.
Guess im skipping this Super Bowl. Can't stand both teams.

Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
cant stand watching brady win either, the media love affair for that guy is sickening, eli and brady YUCK , saying no to the SB this year.

Hmm you sound like a lot of dumbasses who used to talk s**t about Montana when he and the 9ers were the s**t. Tom Brady is probably a better 9ers fan than you.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home