LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

The Return of Super Bowl or Bust: I think we need to improve WR corps

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Oh, by the way, I'm not saying we should go out and break the bank for a high-profile WR. But if there's a chance to bring in such a player via the draft/free agency, I think now is the time to strike. We're not in a slow-and-steady rebuild through the draft effort anymore. We're at a stage where we can win NOW and only need a piece or two. And in our case... it's a #1 wide receiver who Alex can trust to throw the ball to when we need to move the chains.

When you know it's your time to shine, you go in for the kill in FA and the Draft.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Goldson and Brooks. I'm fine if both those guys walk. Goldson has been boom or bust and I think the 49ers could find a good safety in the 1st round. Brooks has been solid but nothing special, he also cost the team on several encroachment penalties throughout the year. He can be replaced as well. I'd much rather see the 49ers take the Goldson+Brooks money and give it to Colston to bring in a top tier wide receiver.

Even if we found a good safety in the first round they wouldn't start him. Goldson should be high on the list of priorities for re-signing. I worry that Williams just fumbled away the Niner's best shot at a Super Bowl title for a while. This season had that special feeling...
Share 49ersWebzone