LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

49er Fans Can Make A Bigger Difference

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I noticed something at the game last week. During the Saints offensive possessions the fans were chanting:
D---FENSE -------------D---FENSE -------------D---FENCE.

Hey that's OK for Basketball cause it really doesn't matter. By leaving long spaces in between the words and breaking up the word defense we are allowing silence at predictable intervals. We need to have a constant roar during any offensive series. I'll bet the giants will be crossed up by us changing our cadence. I can't see where I am wrong on this. At worst they will never be able to hear themselves think when they have the ball. The problem is implementing it at this late date. I won't be at the game this week so I can't get it started you guys will have to do the job.
this thread is stupid, as somebody who was there it was the loudest game that I've heard at Candlestick in a long time.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
this thread is stupid, as somebody who was there it was the loudest game that I've heard at Candlestick in a long time.

this
  • Jiks
Originally posted by sweathappens:
I noticed something at the game last week. During the Saints offensive possessions the fans were chanting:
D---FENSE -------------D---FENSE -------------D---FENCE.

Hey that's OK for Basketball cause it really doesn't matter. By leaving long spaces in between the words and breaking up the word defense we are allowing silence at predictable intervals. We need to have a constant roar during any offensive series. I'll bet the giants will be crossed up by us changing our cadence. I can't see where I am wrong on this. At worst they will never be able to hear themselves think when they have the ball. The problem is implementing it at this late date. I won't be at the game this week so I can't get it started you guys will have to do the job.

Dude, they've been doing the D-DENSE drum-bang since the 90's... maybe even before. I remember as a kid they used the same damn sound effect that they use now.

It has not changed. It will not change.

Furthermore, the D-FENSE drum bang occurs while the opposing team is taking the field during posession changes and while they are in the huddle. Once they break the huddle, the drum stops and the crowd goes into making as much noise as possible.

If you had been to a 49er game in... I don't know... the last 25 years or so, you would know this.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Jan 21, 2012 at 11:58 AM ]
Originally posted by niner4life21:
A constant roar is deafening and it leaves no time for communication. The Saints had no penalties all day! We need a few false start penalties!
i smell former seahag fan

Originally posted by sweathappens:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
A constant roar is deafening and it leaves no time for communication. The Saints had no penalties all day! We need a few false start penalties!

Did you read my post sir?
Genius!
I only come to Candlestick for two games a year at most (living 5.5K miles away isn't an easy trip ) but I've been in several other NFL stadiums as well including Seattle's. Take it from me: Candlestick was rocking last Saturday! OK, it was not as loud as Seattle, let's admit that - those people are beasts when it comes to generating noise. But the place was heaving. You can't measure this by saying the Saints got no penalties - they are a well oiled machine of an offense, plus they were on shotgun all the time. But you could see the intensity it transmitted to our team.

The D-Fense and Let's Go Niners chants were during changeovers. Once the Saints went to a huddle we all went into our "yeeeeeeehhhhhh" tone, or whatever people use to get decibels out.

My own voice was a croak all Sunday and only fully came back on Tuesday

If you want quiet, you should have heard (or rather not heard) the dome in St. Louis in Week 17. And Wembley of course ( and I live here and love it!)
[ Edited by paulk205 on Jan 21, 2012 at 12:29 PM ]
Mind = Blown

Originally posted by paulk205:
I only come to Candlestick for two games a year at most (living 5.5K miles away isn't an easy trip ) but I've been in several other NFL stadiums as well including Seattle's. Take it from me: Candlestick was rocking last Saturday! OK, it was not as loud as Seattle, let's admit that - those people are beasts when it comes to generating noise. But the place was heaving. You can't measure this by saying the Saints got no penalties - they are a well oiled machine of an offense, plus they were on shotgun all the time. But you could see the intensity it transmitted to our team.

The D-Fense and Let's Go Niners chants were during changeovers. Once the Saints went to a huddle we all went into our "yeeeeeeehhhhhh" tone, or whatever people use to get decibels out.

My own voice was a croak all Sunday and only fully came back on Tuesday

If you want quiet, you should have heard (or rather not heard) the dome in St. Louis in Week 17. And Wembley of course ( and I live here and love it!)
it's not that Seattle has louder fans, thier building is designed acoustically to amplify the crowd noise.
Share 49ersWebzone