LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 293 users in the forums

12 men in the huddle vs Saints

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Thanks to Whomeams uploads, i rewatched the 49ers offensive drives and what do you know

[ Edited by THEB on Jan 21, 2012 at 4:11 AM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I don't see Bruce Miller. He was the 12th man running off the field right before we were flagged.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
i thought they were pushing justin pelle out of the huddle?
If that's correct than that was the most b******t call ever!
there were 12, I verified. By the time this screen shot was taken, Bruce Miller had run out of frame.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Hmm...the video had the actual huddle edited out so you may be right.
Originally posted by THEB:
Hmm...the video had the actual huddle edited out so you may be right.

yea, i've watched the game 4 times. I paused and counted. in the huddle, Alex Smith was pushing Justin Peele to get out. Right at that point, they called the penalty. The Saints players were yelling out that there were 12 men.

u wanna talk b******t calls, look to that PI early on Whitner.
[ Edited by SybErkRimInAL on Jan 21, 2012 at 5:37 AM ]
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
yea, i've watched the game 4 times. I paused and counted. in the huddle, Alex Smith was pushing Justin Peele to get out. Right at that point, they called the penalty. The Saints players were yelling out that there were 12 men.

Ok but justin Peele is right there #81 (#2 in the picture) so i counted him as part of the 11. so who was the 12th guy?
Originally posted by THEB:

Ok but justin Peele is right there #81 (#2 in the picture) so i counted him as part of the 11. so who was the 12th guy?
it's almost like the 9ers heard the Saints players screaming "12 men" and Smith just pushed the person next to him. Then miller sprinted off. give me a sec, i'll get you the screen shot.
[ Edited by SybErkRimInAL on Jan 21, 2012 at 5:41 AM ]
  • THEB
  • Veteran
i just watched a clip on youtube. it looks like Peelle was pushing bruce miller out and there were definitely 12 men in the huddle

12 men

And it was Justin Peele that was pushing Miller out of the huddle.

yeah that was pretty bad and it was after a Saints time out I believe. Both Miller and Peelle were in on the previous play. Miller was getting attended to by staff during the time out, Peelle was over on the sidelines.

So when the guys huddled again, Miller who was being attended to jogs over to the huddle. Peelle already knows the call and personnel and Miller shouldnt be there and so starts to push him. Alex sees Peelle pushing Miller and steps out of the huddle, but Miller was already on his way to the side lines and running past the ref. Refs throw the flag and coach is saying there were only 10 guys out there.

In that frame, Miller is already on the side lines and the refs done a double take in looking at the numbers on the field and Miller, counts 12 and pulls out the flag.
12 men

See the 49ers staff dude with the towel and whats a water bottle, thats where Miller was being attended to during the time out.
If you fast-forward to five minutes later, or even rewind to five minutes earlier, we don't have 12 men in the huddle then, either. Showing a screen cap of the play after the huddle broke proves nothing. We had 12 men; it was the right call.
Share 49ersWebzone