There are 199 users in the forums

Justin Smith surpasses...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by MntIdaGold:
Originally posted by andes14:
Lol...if you wanna talk craziness with names, the New Jersey Nets have a THIRD of their active roster composed of Williams'. Also, we've had a pretty crazy run lately with coaches named Mike or Jim. Our last 4 head coaches (Nolan, Singletary, Tomsula, Harbaugh). We've had 5 OC's named Mike or Jim since '05 (McCarthy, Hostler, Martz, Raye, Johnson). Several position coaches (previously mentioned Johnson, Singletary, and Tomsula, as well as Leavitt, Solari, maybe some others). And just for s**ts and giggles, 2 of 3 Singletary 1st round picks were Mikes - Crabtree (and if he were gone, we would have taken Oher) and Iupati.

Another interesting fact, other than Solari, Leavitt, Tomsula, McCarthy and Harbaugh, all the other coaches share the same middle name: Wasteofspace.

whoa whoa whoa whoa

rathman????? Donatell?? Seely??? Chryst??? These guys are not wasteofspace!
Waste os space? Yikes..
Justin Smith is relentless, he's been unnoticed much of his career. Defensive MVP. Patrick is the best linebacker in 49er history. They have always been great but with a superlative cast around them they are finally getting the press .
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Since he came over and he just DOES NOT QUIT on any play he has become my fave defense player maybe ever on this team. Im only 22 so Lott and other greats I didnt get to watch. Dont get me wrong Willis all pro love him but there is just something about Smith that gives me chills watching bull rush with no quit on every down.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Seeing Smith Bull rush the hell out of the saints line and they had no answer for him, never have I been more pumped in my life at a game seeing smith go 120% all day.
Smith, Smith, and Smith. He has had an excellent year. Who am I?
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
Smith, Smith, and Smith. He has had an excellent year. Who am I?

Aldexin Smith
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Antix:
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
Did everyone see him push that OT into brees and then tackle the both of them.. Classic play right there.

Dude..that play was straight BEASTLY. I wish we had a gif of that. An olineman is trying to black him as he's using his free hand to grab at Brees.

Aesome play. Hope he wins defensive MVP.

Dude someone please GIF that I will cherish it forever please!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by andes14:
At this point, I'd say there is a Mt. Rushmore of Niner defensive players consisting of Lott, B.Y., Willis, and J. Smith. Yes I know we've had many many more outstanding defensive players, but I think those 4 are a significant notch above all the others.

I don't know if we've ever had another defensive player that you could say at a point may have been the best defensive player in the league (or even close). Maybe '94 but Deion was only here for that one year...

DEAN? HALEY?
Justin has been the best player on our defense since he got here. No disrespect to Willis, but Justin a superhuman.

Willis is still my favorite niner, but yea i gotta agree. This year J. Smith is playing on a whole different level.

I don't agree that Justin Smith has stepped up his game to another level. Not one bit. He was just as good (maybe better in 09) as he has been this year. The difference this year is people's perceptions get altered because these things happen with everyone watching during big games. In a way yes, this is his best year ever, but mostly because of the big plays in big games he's had a chance to make. But that doesn't mean he's playing any better or has stepped up his game. He really hasn't. I believe it was @ Arizona in 09 when he had like 15 QB pressures a sack a few hits and a bunch of tackles IIRC... Tomsula called it the best game he ever saw a DL play. That wasn't this year.
Justin Smith is Beastmode!!! Im just Glad that he and Pat are on the same team! Both are the Best at what they do!!!!!!
Originally posted by Axl49:
Seeing Smith Bull rush the hell out of the saints line and they had no answer for him, never have I been more pumped in my life at a game seeing smith go 120% all day.

Guy almost never sees 1on1 and when he does.... well, Bushrod knows what happens.
Originally posted by Evilgenius:
Willis is still my favorite niner, but yea i gotta agree. This year J. Smith is playing on a whole different level.

I don't agree that Justin Smith has stepped up his game to another level. Not one bit. He was just as good (maybe better in 09) as he has been this year. The difference this year is people's perceptions get altered because these things happen with everyone watching during big games. In a way yes, this is his best year ever, but mostly because of the big plays in big games he's had a chance to make. But that doesn't mean he's playing any better or has stepped up his game. He really hasn't. I believe it was @ Arizona in 09 when he had like 15 QB pressures a sack a few hits and a bunch of tackles IIRC... Tomsula called it the best game he ever saw a DL play. That wasn't this year.

And in 2010, he was statistically the best DE in the league

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/05/14/justin-smith-hes-that-good/

I am also impressed with how he has nurtured / mentored his fellow Mizzo alum, and brother from another, All Done Cobrador

I'm glad our team is now back to the point where the vets are showing the young guys how its done, 49er style
I hope if the Pats/9ers are in the Bowl..Justin LEVELS Brady!!!!! I'd love to see Brady get sacked..many times!
Share 49ersWebzone