There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Post Season poll, what position is the weakness of the team?

Post Season poll, what position is the weakness of the team?

Not QB
The weakest position on this team are the fake fans who have been talking whiny crap about our quarterback, record setting Alex Smith.

The next time I am in the stands and some putrid punk behind me is going off dishing our QB I think I should remind him why its nice to have dental insurance.

You all will think I'm crazy, but, I think it's still on the O Line. I think we could stand to ge a bit more push in the run game and our QB could still use a bit more time in the pocket...
Originally posted by D_Niner:
You all will think I'm crazy, but, I think it's still on the O Line. I think we could stand to ge a bit more push in the run game and our QB could still use a bit more time in the pocket...

for those ranking WR #1, OL is probably #2 in there minds
Honestly WR, I mean Crabs and Williams are really good, add a big guy, and a small speedster we are set.

Might be wise to bring in a vet backup QB, RG will be a need if Snyder isnt back. OLB if Brooks bolts, FS if Goldson leaves, etc...

But we are solid at OT, C, RB, FB, TE, DE, DT/NT, ILB, ST and CB Depth wise

I see 40 players signed right now for 2011, of those the guys who wont make it are likely Spencer, Hastings, maybe Tolzien if Backup vet is brought in. And the LS Nelson is a Practice Sqauder for 2012.
Wow that poll isn't even close.
How can this be a post-season poll if the season isn't over yet?
QB, TE, and RDE, maybe a new punter

We'll take the BPA in April, not get too hung up on one player. Doesnt seem to be the way Trent and Jim think/plan. As far as FA, look at last years example. We will wait until the first wave of insane signings are over and then sign some "2nd tier" guys to battle in camp. Seems to work. I could see us picking up a few WR's, some oline help to send Chilo to the soup lines. Some depth in the secondary would certainly be looked into.
Losing.
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by D_Niner:

for those ranking WR #1, OL is probably #2 in there minds

yep exactly what I was thinking... I voted WR, but OL was 2nd. I guess I have more confidence in the OL improving than I do our current WR's... and that is probably mostly because I think we need a big tall SURE HANDED WR that can be first down/red zone target and there isn't anyone in that mold on the roster.

That being said WOW, 91% say WR!
You guys need to chill and quit over-reacting. Crabtree towards the end of the year was money. He had 3 dropped passes and I think one got deflected and sailed low on him. Alex was getting passes deflected at the line all game. We played really well as a team. Crabs is also an excellent blocker but you guys just lock at the drops. The weak side of the o line still gets bum rushed and can't adjust. When you see the blitz coming on 3rd and long you can almost guarantee Alex is getting sacked.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Honestly WR, I mean Crabs and Williams are really good, add a big guy, and a small speedster we are set.

Might be wise to bring in a vet backup QB, RG will be a need if Snyder isnt back. OLB if Brooks bolts, FS if Goldson leaves, etc...

But we are solid at OT, C, RB, FB, TE, DE, DT/NT, ILB, ST and CB Depth wise

I see 40 players signed right now for 2011, of those the guys who wont make it are likely Spencer, Hastings, maybe Tolzien if Backup vet is brought in. And the LS Nelson is a Practice Sqauder for 2012.

Originally posted by defenderDX:
WR right now primarily because of injuries and lack of depth. But aside from that SS

SS? Did you see Donte Whitner personally set the tone for the entire game in that opening drive? SS is NOT a need.
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
How can this be a post-season poll if the season isn't over yet?

post regular season
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
You guys need to chill and quit over-reacting. Crabtree towards the end of the year was money. He had 3 dropped passes and I think one got deflected and sailed low on him. Alex was getting passes deflected at the line all game. We played really well as a team. Crabs is also an excellent blocker but you guys just lock at the drops. The weak side of the o line still gets bum rushed and can't adjust. When you see the blitz coming on 3rd and long you can almost guarantee Alex is getting sacked.

You're missing the point, we aren't just Crab hating(although I do think the drops will decrease when he actually gets an off season with Alex). I just think with edwards out of the picture(morgan deserves to be back but could honestly be upgraded too) our receiving corps could definitely use a game changer. Look at our next opponent the Giants to see what it's like to have playmakers all over the field.

I don't think we need size necessarily, Boldin, Nicks, Welker, these guys aren't "tall", they just have great hands, speed, athleticism, the ability to make game changing plays. I see crabtree as a pretty solid chain moving possession receiver, but we could use another guy who defenses have to account for besides vernon davis.