LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

Post Season poll, what position is the weakness of the team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Post Season poll, what position is the weakness of the team?

WR, no other real weak areas
WR. Crabs needs to be pushed
Originally posted by MontanaSBGod:
I read today that during half time that the normally reserve Alex was yelling and telling the offense to do better.

I always suspected that the WRs are running the wrong routes and/or are not not just getting any separation. Now I know its true.

We need another WR desperately. The whole country knows that Vernon is our only target.

Everybody is amazed that Alex still found Vernon - the only real target and threat.
This. I can't believe how good our passing was yesterday if you consider the fact that Crabs was dropping balls and the other WRs were Ginn, Williams, and Swain. None put fear in the hearts of opposing defenses. Only VD was out there catching the ball and making plays for Alex Smith.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
WR. Crabs needs to be pushed

Remember the beginning of last year when Alex Smith hit Crabs in the hands and the pass got deflected for an INT? I believe it happened at least twice.

Well that is what it felt like against the Saints. The ball hit Crabs in the hands but the guy just zonned out. I don't get it.
I don't know that Morgan will come back the same player. I would feel better with a true number one wide out. The problem is, unless there is a Calvin Johnson or somebody like that, they are about as much of a wild card in the draft as quarterbacks. Man, can you imagine how scary our offense would be with Fitzgerald though?
Originally posted by boast:
Brett Swain was on the field during that last drive. enough said.

He was on the field a lot... That should tell us what our top priority should be this off season
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:

He was on the field a lot... That should tell us what our top priority should be this off season

This
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
big target WR with hands is a must in the draft

this

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
For the umpteenth staright year . . . a legit deep threat.

and this

• BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by MontanaSBGod:
I read today that during half time that the normally reserve Alex was yelling and telling the offense to do better.

I always suspected that the WRs are running the wrong routes and/or are not not just getting any separation. Now I know its true.

We need another WR desperately. The whole country knows that Vernon is our only target.

Everybody is amazed that Alex still found Vernon - the only real target and threat.
This. I can't believe how good our passing was yesterday if you consider the fact that Crabs was dropping balls and the other WRs were Ginn, Williams, and Swain. None put fear in the hearts of opposing defenses. Only VD was out there catching the ball and making plays for Alex Smith.
Alex Smith sure has come a long way. If we had a real #1 wide receiver the offense could be up where the defense is. Crabtree is a weak #2 as far as I am concerned.

Yep, interior OL (RG for sure, possibly C) and a big possession WR that can get us 1st downs on 3rd downs and get us TDs in the red zone.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jan 15, 2012 at 10:15 PM ]
  • Antix
  • Veteran
WR definitely. It seems we cant get consistency at that position. Crabs had some big drops and Williams had one too,
82 votes, 93% for WR

WOW
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Not having J Morgan hurts. Crabs Morgan and Wlliams woudlnt be so bad and Morgan had the most consistent hands.
Share 49ersWebzone