LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 324 users in the forums

Post Season poll, what position is the weakness of the team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Post Season poll, what position is the weakness of the team?

I created this same poll mid season. The results were...

QB: 39%
RB: 0%
TE: 0%
WR: 22%
OL: 4%
DL: 1%
LB: 0%
CB: 26%
FS/SS: 6%
Coaching: 1%

Now that the regular season is over and we have seen the team in a playoff game what are your thoughts? Looking at this to translate into draft targets as well. What position or player needs/should be replaced at the end of the year. PLEASE DO NOT turn this into an Alex bashing thread!! If you see it being a depth issue please elaborate.

Here is the original poll, http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/160040-mid-season-poll-what-position-weakness-team/search=weakness
big target WR with hands is a must in the draft
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
big target WR with hands is a must in the draft

either that or interior OL, having Chilo go in and suck for limited snaps really scared the s**t out of me.
For the umpteenth staright year . . . a legit deep threat.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Brett Swain was on the field during that last drive. enough said.
Would love to see the 49ers get their own version of Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones or Larry Fitzgerald!

Justin Blackmon? Would take a bold move like what the Falcon's did for Jones. Not sure I would like the 49ers to give up that much for Blackmon.

Get Dwayne Bowe or Vincent Jackson in FA, draft a WR with the potential and coach him up. I also want the 49ers to get a RG and CB depth.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
OL for 100% sure is the weakest link. WRs come in second but i think with a full offseason, tedd ginn and kyle williams will be plenty good enough and crabs is already good, and we'll be getting morgan back as well.
Originally posted by THEB:
OL for 100% sure is the weakest link. WRs come in second but i think with a full offseason, tedd ginn and kyle williams will be plenty good enough and crabs is already good, and we'll be getting morgan back as well.

+ delanie
Originally posted by THEB:

I agree to some extent about the OL, at least on the run blocking front. We're still not getting the kind of consistent push out of them that I'd like to see on short yardage. The two point conversion is a good example of that. The sacks hurt yesterday, but that was primarily down to the play calls and the formations used. By and large, this OL has become very good at pass protection. However, with the possible exception of Rachal, I think this is something that can be improved in-house.

I agree with the others about our receiver situation. When you've actually run out of wide outs, you don't have a weakness, you have a crisis.
[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Jan 15, 2012 at 11:18 AM ]
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by boast:
Brett Swain was on the field during that last drive. enough said.

THIS

WR right now primarily because of injuries and lack of depth. But aside from that SS
I read today that during half time that the normally reserve Alex was yelling and telling the offense to do better.

I always suspected that the WRs are running the wrong routes and/or are not not just getting any separation. Now I know its true.

We need another WR desperately. The whole country knows that Vernon is our only target.

Everybody is amazed that Alex still found Vernon - the only real target and threat.
Originally posted by MontanaSBGod:
I read today that during half time that the normally reserve Alex was yelling and telling the offense to do better.

I always suspected that the WRs are running the wrong routes and/or are not not just getting any separation. Now I know its true.

We need another WR desperately. The whole country knows that Vernon is our only target.

Everybody is amazed that Alex still found Vernon - the only real target and threat.

It was just Davis today but if a team makes the mistake of thinking its just Vernon it will be an ugly game for them. Crabtree and Williams had some key drops today but they usually do better than that. Lets not forget we are missing Morgan and Walker who are usually dependable. With that being said I wouldn't mind getting Bowe or getting a good WR in the draft. RG is also a position we need to address. I think we need to keep Snyder around for a long time but we could draft someone to eventually take his spot as a starter but the depth he brings is irreplaceable.

According to Smith after the game, as soon as he saw the Saints did Cover-1 on Davis, he jumped at the chance, and threw to Davis for that 47 yard gain.

Crabtree needs to step up in the next game.
Originally posted by fastforward:

According to Smith after the game, as soon as he saw the Saints did Cover-1 on Davis, he jumped at the chance, and threw to Davis for that 47 yard gain.

Crabtree needs to step up in the next game.

Crabs and KW need to show up big time
Share 49ersWebzone