LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

Was that one of the greatest games ever played ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
One of the great playoff games in 49er and NFL history, and to me, the greatest final 5 minutes in playoff history. The back and forth drama was so great - we're up, then they're up, then us again, then back to Saints, and finally Alex with the throw to Vernon.
I've always doubted Alex to do what's needed to be done in the final minutes to win the game. Dude did it twice.

Still in a bit of shock, but what a game.
Originally posted by Shanhi88:
It really depends on how things go from here. If we win the superbowl, this game becomes legendary like the Catch. If not, it's great like the catch II but it's not really legendary.

In my opinion, this game was better than the catchII, because it wasn't tainted and there was so much redemption going on, on so many levels (Alex, Davis, Fans)
It was one of the best games EVER-FACT

And if anyone who tries to say different, they are lying and wrong.
Def top 10 all time playoffs game in 49er and nfl history!!
It's final resting stop is still TBD!
Let's get it done gentlemen!!!!
Thinking about it more, I can't imagine a scenario where I'll delete this game off of my DVR.
Originally posted by olapac:
Thinking about it more, I can't imagine a scenario where I'll delete this game off of my DVR.

How do you transfer the DVR recording to a DVD disc?
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Top 5 for me

1) Catch I
2) Wildcard vs NYG
3) SB 23
4) Catch II
5) Catch III

(saw firsthand the ones in bold, too young/not born for 1 & 3)

I think I would move the wildcard game down to #5 and definately put the Cincy Super Bowl up to #2. Though its hard, I would put yesterdays game at #3. The others were great games but they were played during the 20 years period when we experienced (with the exception of the year Young was forced to retire) unparrelled success. We have been in the wilderness for the last nine years. I was beginning to wonder if it would ever end. Though those other games are definately worthy (some franchises don't even have one that can rival any of them) yesterday's game was just sweeter for me.
[ Edited by BHulman on Jan 15, 2012 at 9:05 AM ]
Yes Indeed
I think we still dont know where this will rank! if we win the super bowl this will be number 2 if not the number 3 in my mind
Originally posted by servegmo:
I think we still dont know where this will rank! if we win the super bowl this will be number 2 if not the number 3 in my mind

I took OP to mean comeback victories. If not, then I would expand the list and put the Super Bowl's at #2-6. The NFC Title game against Dallas in 95 would rate over some (but not yesterday's) from the original list.

Yes, easily one of the best games that I have watched.
For me this ranks #3 behind The Catch (82) and Superbowl 23 as far as the finish goes simply because of the stakes. But if we're talking about the entire game, wire to wire, this may be the absolute best 49er game I've ever seen.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
What puts it up there is the fact we beat the Saints at their own game in the 4th quarter, who thought we could win an end of the game shoot out?
Share 49ersWebzone