There are 143 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

This was not like T.O.'s catch....

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Just.... Stop.... Posting. This will go down as one of the greatest playoff games ever. We will have this replayed on NFL films with players interviews for years to come.


How about "The Clutch"?

Kind of clunky, but it can be used to describe BOTH the throw and catch.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Just.... Stop.... Posting. This will go down as one of the greatest playoff games ever. We will have this replayed on NFL films with players interviews for years to come.

Never said it wouldn't. Simply said I don't like the nickname. Stop thinking I'm saying or implying things that I didn't. You're freaking out for no reason...take a few deep breaths there buddy...

BTW, Adam Vinatieri has said that in the '01 playoffs, the field goal vs. Oakland was bigger and more pressure packed than the one that won the Super Bowl a couple weeks later because of not only the weather conditions, but the fact that if he missed vs. Oakland, their season would have been over but if he missed vs. STL, they simply would have gone to OT...how people can't/won't acknowledge that that is a significantly different dynamic is beyond me...
[ Edited by andes14 on Jan 14, 2012 at 9:43 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,949
Originally posted by andes14:
Never said it wouldn't. Simply said I don't like the nickname. Stop thinking I'm saying or implying things that I didn't. You're freaking out for no reason...take a few deep breaths there buddy...

Against take the night off from posting PLEASE!
Originally posted by andes14:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
you make horrible threads, bruh. Dont be mad at us

I'm not mad, I just think it's cute how misinterpreted my original post was taken. And what horrible threads have I made? At least I don't freak out if there's a thread I don't like and just choose to ignore it. It's amazing how much happier people's lives would be if threads they don't like were locked...can't you just not partake and be just as happy?

how was it misinterpreted? you said "this was nothing like the Owens catch, that one mattered more". thats clearly untrue. this catch meant WAY more. this catch erased a decade of horrible play, and proved that a team of players nobody believed could even sniff a Super Bowl title, jumped a huge hurdle. the QB everyone wanted to dump so badly, calling him the worst QB in the NFL at times, literally won this game for us.

It was a mountain nobody thought we could climb, especially with an offense nobody believed in. we came up huge when the crunch time came, and jumped the hurdle. it was bigger than the Owens catch, that was mainly a big deal because we finally knocked off the Packers.
Guys, OP is right. TO's catch was better because Vernon didn't suck balls before the gamewinner. Now had he dropped passes all game before the one then it definitely woulda been better.
Please ban this troll. Obviously trying to get on people's nerves. A real fan is celebrating this win, not trying to bash it or minamalize it. Get the hell out of here.
Originally posted by Niners99:
how was it misinterpreted? you said "this was nothing like the Owens catch, that one mattered more". thats clearly untrue. this catch meant WAY more. this catch erased a decade of horrible play, and proved that a team of players nobody believed could even sniff a Super Bowl title, jumped a huge hurdle. the QB everyone wanted to dump so badly, calling him the worst QB in the NFL at times, literally won this game for us.

It was a mountain nobody thought we could climb, especially with an offense nobody believed in. we came up huge when the crunch time came, and jumped the hurdle. it was bigger than the Owens catch, that was mainly a big deal because we finally knocked off the Packers.

Why don't you go re-read the original post...the thing you quoted me saying is all fine and dandy....oh except for the mere fact that I never said that.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Please ban this troll. Obviously trying to get on people's nerves. A real fan is celebrating this win, not trying to bash it or minamalize it. Get the hell out of here.

Me pointing out a difference between 2 catches and why I think a particular nickname is inappropriate=me not enjoying the win and bashing it. Ok. Got it dude.
This was better

Young and Owens were pro - bowlers/HOFers on a better team. We should of whooped the packers ass

We were the underdogg today with Alex Smith and VD
This guy always talks out of arse
Originally posted by Niners99:
how was it misinterpreted? you said "this was nothing like the Owens catch, that one mattered more". thats clearly untrue. this catch meant WAY more. this catch erased a decade of horrible play, and proved that a team of players nobody believed could even sniff a Super Bowl title, jumped a huge hurdle. the QB everyone wanted to dump so badly, calling him the worst QB in the NFL at times, literally won this game for us.

It was a mountain nobody thought we could climb, especially with an offense nobody believed in. we came up huge when the crunch time came, and jumped the hurdle. it was bigger than the Owens catch, that was mainly a big deal because we finally knocked off the Packers.

My point wasn't that it didn't erase a decade of horrible play. My only point is that there was a vastly different dynamic in the game circumstance at the point of the winning TD's occurring. It's utterly hilarious how much hostility me voicing that has caused.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,949
Originally posted by bracus:
Guys, OP is right. TO's catch was better because Vernon didn't suck balls before the gamewinner. Now had he dropped passes all game before the one then it definitely woulda been better.

Dumbest thing ever.....
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Just.... Stop.... Posting. This will go down as one of the greatest playoff games ever. We will have this replayed on NFL films with players interviews for years to come.