There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

This was not like T.O.'s catch....

Originally posted by tjd808185:
I agree this is not like the TO catch.

This catch continued our run to our eventual Super Bowl win.

this. we know how that run ended, this one is still being written. Plus divisional round > WC round
We dont need fans like you who down play great moments in our history. Go back to the saints forums you worthless "fan." Alex is the man and nobody gets to say s**t about him anymore.



Originally posted by andes14:
The HUGE difference? In T.O.'s catch, if he drops it, we lose. IF VD drops it, we kick a field goal and go to overtime. Way more pressure on T.O., not to mention the level of difficulty of the throw/catch was way higher. Amazing play today, and amazing win, but it is not an appropriate comparison.

shut up...

This winning TD came in a divisional round game, sending us to the NFC Championship game, and became the most unbelievable feat for the 49ers in this entire era of football. A win nobody believed Alex Smith could lead us to. the Young/Owens catch was a Wild Card game that came during a stretch where playoff games and winning were commonplace.

Both won us HUGE playoff games that will be remembered among the greatest moments ever. the way NO was moving the football late, we very EASILY couldve lost if VD drops the pass. or the kick couldve been blocked. the point is, with mere seconds left to play, our QB stepped up and made a perfect throw to the front of the endzone, where the reciever hung onto the ball after a hit, and we won a big playoff game.

why in the world would you make a stupid thread like this after such a great game? It will be known as "The Catch 3" whether people like it or not. It stamped the beginning of a new era of 49er football.
Yes, it is the Catch III. The Saints could've blocked our FG or Akers might have missed. You never know...

And its the way everything went down... we had to go down the field twice in 4 min... Alex really shut the traps of all the analysts who said hes a "game manager"... so that means he shut all analysts up
today was WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY BETTER.

know why? because then we had been a SB contender for years. We were already a good team. this year, this game, that play, different.... the combination of let's see, a guy who's been unsuccessful and almost ran out for the past 7 years, throwin to a guy who's not had the best season and who had been around with a guy like Alex since he got here. the emotions were higher because we had been unsuccessful for so long, and the players that had been APART of those constant failures finally achieved success in a big game that counted.
Just lock this thread up. It is too stupid to continue. To the poster.. try enjoying the great catch and not trying to minimize it somehow.
OPs threads have done the impossible... become worse than rtj03 threads
LOLOLOLOLLLLLLL at everyone thinking I'm not enjoying the win or thinking it wasn't a great play or whatever the hell else retarded accusations are being thrown around. All I'm saying is we shouldn't keep calling any great TD at the end of the game to help propel us to victory "The Catch [with an additional roman numeral]. We were NOT about to LOSE the game and that is a monumental difference. I'm not saying anything other than the fact that I don't like "The Catch III" as a nickname. Sheesh, calm down peeps. Stop making assumptions or putting words in my mouth or thinking I'm trying to diminish the TD or the game in any way WHATSOEVER. All I'm doing is pointing out a simple FACT that the scenario on T.O.'s catch was far more bleak. We had nothing in our back pocket - here, we had OT in our back pocket. The ONLY thing you should take away from my original post is that I'm not a huge fan of the nickname. RELAX.
[ Edited by andes14 on Jan 14, 2012 at 9:33 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,843
Originally posted by andes14:
LOLOLOLOLLLLLLL at everyone thinking I'm not enjoying the win or thinking it wasn't a great play or whatever the hell else retarded accusations are being thrown around. All I'm saying is we shouldn't keep calling any great TD at the end of the game to help propel us to victory "The Catch [with an additional roman numeral]. We were NOT about to LOSE the game and that is a monumental difference. I'm not saying anything other than the fact that I don't like "The Catch III" as a nickname. Sheesh, calm down peeps.

Originally posted by andes14:
LOLOLOLOLLLLLLL at everyone thinking I'm not enjoying the win or thinking it wasn't a great play or whatever the hell else retarded accusations are being thrown around. All I'm saying is we shouldn't keep calling any great TD at the end of the game to help propel us to victory "The Catch [with an additional roman numeral]. We were NOT about to LOSE the game and that is a monumental difference. I'm not saying anything other than the fact that I don't like "The Catch III" as a nickname. Sheesh, calm down peeps.

you make horrible threads, bruh. Dont be mad at us
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
you make horrible threads, bruh. Dont be mad at us

I'm not mad, I just think it's cute how misinterpreted my original post was taken. And what horrible threads have I made? At least I don't freak out if there's a thread I don't like and just choose to ignore it. It's amazing how much happier people's lives would be if threads they don't like were locked...can't you just not partake and be just as happy?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,843
Originally posted by andes14:
I'm not mad, I just think it's cute how misinterpreted my original post was taken. And what horrible threads have I made? At least I don't freak out if there's a thread I don't like and just choose to ignore it. It's amazing how much happier people's lives would be if threads they don't like were locked...can't you just not partake and be just as happy?

Just.... Stop.... Posting. This will go down as one of the greatest playoff games ever. We will have this replayed on NFL films with players interviews for years to come.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Just.... Stop.... Posting. This will go down as one of the greatest playoff games ever. We will have this replayed on NFL films with players interviews for years to come.

Fine, Buzzkill.