There are 154 users in the forums

Opening Coin Toss... What should the 49ers do?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Opening Coin Toss... What should the 49ers do?

defer....

then go for an onside kick.

Hopefully win it, Dominate from the coin toss
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
DEFER without hesitation.

No joke, we DO NOT want the Saint starting the second half with the ball; they score 95% of their 3rd quarter opening drives (this is how they gain momentum).
i always like to defer but in this game i would recieve,march down wit a long drive and put pts on the board hopefully.
Originally posted by gamechanger:
If you have watched any games this season you should know when we win the toss we defer.

/thread

Do you have to be rude about it? I've watched every game this season. Thank you very much!

The reason I asked this question is because (in my opinion) if we take the ball first, we can set the tone and tempo for the game with a good opening drive!
Our defense is our tone setter
Defer and let the Tony Montana Squad set the EFFIN tone! Takin off domes! blap blap blap!!!!
Kick it away. They need to let the D get a feel against that offense and punch them in the mouth first.
Do the hokey pokey perhaps?
i have been a fan of the defering for a few years now, whether your a geat team on O or D doesnt matter to me, its always a great feeling to get the ball to start the second half

defer
Originally posted by PTulini:
If they win the opening coin toss, What should the 49ers do?

Ask Brees if we should call the stretcher now or after a Alex throwing TD.

Defer like they always do TONY MONTANA
[ Edited by sean610 on Jan 13, 2012 at 6:54 PM ]
There are going to be a lot of jitters so DEFER and let the MONSTER D take it to the Saints FIRST
"Opening Coin Toss... What should the 49ers do?"

Let the Saints call it.
Share 49ersWebzone