LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 197 users in the forums

Gire or Craig?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Gire or Craig?

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Gore ...Craig fumbles away 3-peats

Its unfortunate that such a great player is remembered because of that fumble. But, big time players make big time plays in big games; he blew that one.
Gire the tire!!!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Come on man, you are better than that. It was years ago, let it go. He made a mistake. You base a wonderfull career for our team upon one fumble. wow
Gore...better complete back
Not to take anything away from Craig, he was good.
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by susweel:

this
I cannot believe all the Craig did to help the team win and people keep bringing up the fumble. We had a measly 240 yards of offense that game, the loss was not all on Roger.
And nobody brings up the fact that an out of shape Bubba Paris blew a block causing Montana to get blindsided and knocked out of the game. Montana stays in the game and I think the Niners win. The hand off to Craig may not have ever been called with a SB vet at QB instead of an as then unestablished Young at QB. Anyone really think the Niners would have won that SB anyway without Montana at QB. He wouldn't have been able to play in it due to his hand injury.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
And nobody brings up the fact that an out of shape Bubba Paris blew a block causing Montana to get blindsided and knocked out of the game. Montana stays in the game and I think the Niners win. The hand off to Craig may not have ever been called with a SB vet at QB instead of an as then unestablished Young at QB. Anyone really think the Niners would have won that SB anyway without Montana at QB. He wouldn't have been able to play in it due to his hand injury.
I love steve young but i doubt he would have won that super bowl game at that stage of his career, but then if he would have played in that super bowl all he would have had to do is be a game manager. I wonder how the alex hating crowd would have painted that one
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

this
I cannot believe all the Craig did to help the team win and people keep bringing up the fumble. We had a measly 240 yards of offense that game, the loss was not all on Roger.
His job was simple. Hold on to the ball we win and then go on and knock the s**t out of Buffalo in the Superbowl

You simply cannot fumble in that situation. Im sorry I can never forgive him for that.
Hearst.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
vic washington
oj simpson

• okdkid
  • Veteran
As a RB, Craig is inferior to Gore.

Gore is the best RB to ever wear a 49ers jersey.
Morrison Hearst
I hope gore runs f**king wild. How bad ass would it be to just see one of our players step up and take a game over.
Ticku Wattres

this
His job was simple. Hold on to the ball we win and then go on and knock the s**t out of Buffalo in the Superbowl

You simply cannot fumble in that situation. Im sorry I can never forgive him for that.

sarcasm...right?
Share 49ersWebzone