There are 405 users in the forums

Brees, 1.5 seconds, and alex

Shop Find 49ers gear online
no, he held onto the ball for atleast 3-5 seconds on almost every deep ball.
This poster is on crack. While Brees might have had some releases that quick it wasn't the majority. He sat in the pocket all day. Detroit got no pressure. We will have to if we want to be successful.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Moral:
If Coach Harbaugh has alex taking 3, 5 or worse, 7 step drops, based on last nite's game, all passes from those step drops would fail.

All passes, huh? Dubious.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
This poster is on crack. While Brees might have had some releases that quick it wasn't the majority. He sat in the pocket all day. Detroit got no pressure. We will have to if we want to be successful.

Exactly.

Stafford was the QB getting the ball out under 2 seconds.
Good post. I did see Brees get it out pretty quick; I also saw him have time to throw deep. AND I SAW 3 PICKS DROPPPPED!
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Sorry guys, I had stopwatch on Brees, and he gets ball away before 1.5 seconds, and many times at 1.3 seconds. How in the heck he gets a 35 yd pass off that fast is fascinating , but that is what stopwatch said. I think our best hope is moving ALL DONE around and having him rattle BRees. I doubt brees gets rattled, but he hasn't seen ALL DONE yet. IF you doubt the 1.5 seconds, just rewind your tape. It was an experience watching Brees get that puppy out so fast. He sees the field in just an instant which is going to make it hard on our DBs. Stopping their run is going to be key also, as that slows our passrush considerably, if they are eating big chunks on runs. I don't think they can do that against us, but we will have to see. Somehow, the combo of Justin/Big Mac/ Soap/Aldon and p-52/ Bowman is going to have to bring pressure on brees. It will take incredible Dplanning, but that has to happen. Incidentally, stafford also got ball away quick. Both qbs have guns like Marino and are as fast...but brees is faster.

Take that stopwatch back and get a refund.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Exactly.

Stafford was the QB getting the ball out under 2 seconds.

thhis

except for the deep passes he got them off quick
The p***ycats had their chances.. They dropped 3 interceptions (something our team will not do), had 2 blown coverage plays( something you cant do.. period), and no pass rush (something we must do)..
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
OP.....you could have just typed a scardey cat moew.

Brees had somewhere to throw quick.
Won't happen next week.

Party rock!
1.5 seconds....it's nice when your receivers gets open that fast. Read and recognition and the receivers have to get open in the same amount of time. It goes both ways. There's actually another element to getting the ball out that fast. Clear view for that 1.5 seconds and adequate throwing lane. You are seeing a very good passing offense operating together to get that ball out in 1.5 second, not just the QB.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 8, 2012 at 9:36 AM ]

how can you supposedly watch so much tape yet still be so wrong?

there were times last night where Brees would make him self a pina colada before throwing ...

this is full of fail
Or we could just run the ball?
A few did not bother to read the OP before commenting. The point is not comparing Smith to Brees, but is the amount of time each play takes to develop. If Smith has to hold the ball too long he will be in trouble ala preseason/Baltimore. The 9er line may have improved a great deal but not enough for slow developing plays.

Brees had no one in his face all night due to his all-pro OGs. There is a huge difference in trying to get a ball off quickly when having to try to throw over or around DTs or LBs coming right into your face.

Key is to run successfully and throw slants, outs, and screens to stop the full out blitz. Of course, Payton may not blitz as much, knowing the niners are not in preseason mode.
I kinda wanna know how fast Stafford was getting rid of the ball since were playing against the Brees isn't actually playing defense against Alex.
1. We won't blitz much
2. He has good chemistry with his WRs
3. I trust Lord Fangios plans to keep WRs covered on short and intermed routes without letting anyone get over the top.
4. Groundskeepers... Make that field sloppy.
5. Good warmup for the Packers game.
Share 49ersWebzone