LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

I got a problem and call it a sickness that cant be cured as a fan

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I sit here and cannot quit thinking about my 49ers. They are on my mind all the time at work, when I wake up in the morning, when I am eating, taking a ride to town, and even now waking up at 2 AM in the morning I go straight to the computer to watch youtube videos of the team. I am a younger fan of the 94 season, which was when my dad introduced me to them at 8 years old and I have never looked back. I don't care if they were 2-14 in 2004 I gained even more love from them as a fan than when they were winning. It gets only worse as years build up inside me. I watch videos and footage of tradition and I just tear up. This is my creed and what I live for (I do have other priorities in life I do put first as in family and such). All I can think about right now is how Bill Walsh could look down right now at this team and how proud he would be of this team and cherish the heart and fight they put up all year. They play his style "beat them to the punch" football. They play methodical on offense how he originated his game plan. I never seen a WCO so close to his especially some of the old school PRO, FAR, and NEAR SETS they used to run back in the 80's. This team is on the horizon to be something great I can just feel it. If we lose next Saturday it will be OK but I do expect this team can take it all the way no matter what. I think this team will put up a fight no matter who they face. All you west coast fans going to the home games do your job the team needs you more than ever this season. Hell us fans all over the world need you as well. When they are on defense you cheer for them loud as possible. Show them the love. January 14th can not get here fast enough for me. This year is the 30th anniversary of the 13-3 Superbowl Champion 1981 San Francisco 49ers (who went 6-10 the year before as well). I believe we can duplicate that mark again. Lets all end this with the man that made it all possible.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I came here to post that too.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I feel you man. It's always been like this for me, but the anticipation that is building up inside for January 14th is UNREAL.

I'm an even younger fan, 20 years old. Became a fan in 2004, when the team was 2-14. The playoffs are a whole new territory for me, and I'm so f**king pumped!
Originally posted by niner4life21:
I feel you man. It's always been like this for me, but the anticipation that is building up inside for January 14th is UNREAL.

I'm an even younger fan, 20 years old. Became a fan in 2004, when the team was 2-14. The playoffs are a whole new territory for me, and I'm so f**king pump

i was a fan since garcia,owens, hearst, and julian peterson were in the team but i never had nfl sunday ticket to watch the games until alex smith was drafted.
Love me some 49ers.
[ Edited by PatrickWillisHOF on Jan 6, 2012 at 12:51 AM ]
  • bors
  • Veteran
what you have is not a problem

everyone else is the ones with a problem
WOW. You're bringing me back. Being a son of immigrants that liked futbol more than football and before 1000 TV channels existed, my aunt bought me a Niners hat for my 7th b-day. All I knew was that SF meant me, my city and thus my family. I'd like to thank my cousins friend, a grown man who after SB XV basically clowned on me and my hat and made me cry. (Raider fans have always been classy, huh?) That is when my sickness began and it's only gotten worse...needless to say vindication came 1 year later when "The Catch" happened literally 1 day before my 8th b-day.

you're lucky.
We hear you. They've got a great shot to close this deal. The team has lots of heart.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
LOL - I remember in the 80's when i was much younger in my teens and i was so hooked on football and the 49ers that i would take losses hard. I would be so pissed if the 49ers lost that i would literally punch the wall, throw things and had that lump in my throat because i was so pissed. No one wanted to be around me because i was so angry at the time. We never had the internet back then so i was reading the sports page every day and waiting for sports news on them. Here it is, 30 years later and i'm still hooked and love watching them. i still get excited and anxious for game days and can't wait till the 14th to get here. the only difference is, that i no longer punch walls or throw things when they lose because i know, "they'll be back!"
I know how it is ...I usually browse the web a couple times a day year round to see if the team made any moves or if there is any team news ...I am a hardcore fan

But this year I am constantly on the web reading about our team, because our team is having so much success, there is a LOT more material available to keep up with, compared with over the years when we NEVER made the news and getting our asses beat almost every week, all we had to look forward to was going over the plethora of f*ck ups our previous coaches made on sundays with other disgruntled fans

But DAMN it feels GOOD to be winning again ....FINALLY
Couldn't agree more.

Faithful since '92. This team is a big part of my life and I couldn't be happier about the playoffs.

Can't wait to get to the 'Stick for this game!
Share 49ersWebzone