LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Playoff Experience?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Does anyone know how many of our players have been to the postseason? Thinking about it earlier I came up with 9 off the top of my head,

Akers,
Rogers,
Ginn,
Swain,
Goodwin,
M. Williams,
J. Peele
J. Smith
Gooden
Pssssshhhh how DARE you forget....

Since 1990, #2 seed has gone to the superbowl 12 times. What is that, 25% in the 20 hears since since there are two number two seeds each year?
Originally posted by Joecool:
Since 1990, #2 seed has gone to the superbowl 12 times. What is that, 25% in the 20 hears since since there are two number two seeds each year?

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Pssssshhhh how DARE you forget....

What season was that picture from? 04?
Detroit, New York, and Baltimore all had playoff-like hype, pressure and quality opponents to overcome, so that should help ease the nerves a bit for the playoff noobs.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Detroit, New York, and Baltimore all had playoff-like hype, pressure and quality opponents to overcome, so that should help ease the nerves a bit for the playoff noobs.

I think that's a great point. I'd also suggest that the second Seattle game had a strong playoff vibe.

It's also worth considering the degree to which the team has bought into Harbaugh's leadership. The team seems to be incredibly thick skinned and single minded when it comes to adversity and pressure. External inputs don't seem to phase them in the least. They only seem to be interested in their opponent, themselves, and the Coach. Sure, there's no substitute for playoff experience, but compared to other teams, this Niners team seems to be very resistant to the game's wider environment.
Originally posted by superman49er:
Does anyone know how many of our players have been to the postseason? Thinking about it earlier I came up with 9 off the top of my head,

Akers,
Rogers,
Ginn,
Swain,
Goodwin,
M. Williams,
J. Peele
J. Smith
Gooden
We in good hands, I thought we had way less!
Up to coaches to keep them focuses, if we get New orleans will be pass heavy game , lots of blitzing. Have to do better in red Zone!
Share 49ersWebzone