There are 216 users in the forums

do we have the best Special Teams in the history of the NFL this year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

do we have the best Special Teams in the history of the NFL this year?

Hard to say best ever....still got 2 games left......we do lack the the flair of devin hester and his consistent returns. but overall....as a complete special teams unit. punt coverage, kickoff coverage, field goals, field position changing punts, getting key returns when needed most, combined with mistake free and mistake forcing play...its hard to find a better one in the history of the league.
Lee is one of the two best punters and has been for several years

Akers has been the best kicker this year and put historic numbers

Ginn isn't setting records, but he's still one of the best return men playing currently

And finally, the kick/punt coverage this year has been amazing

That's all phases of special teams right there. I don't know enough to say whether it's the best ever. But it's by far the best in the NFL right now.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
u guys kidding?? in the history of the nfl???? c'mon man! Hester ring a bell???

Thats what I was thinking, nothing against Lee and Akers, but that guy is a bonafide nightmare. We find a way to bring him over, we may never play O again.
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
u guys kidding?? in the history of the nfl???? c'mon man! Hester ring a bell???

Thats what I was thinking, nothing against Lee and Akers, but that guy is a bonafide nightmare. We find a way to bring him over, we may never play O again.

ok but a return man does not make up the whole special teams unit. And didnt hester get beat out by a rookie for the KR/PR position in the NFC for the probowl??? does that make the cardinals the best special teams unit this year???
Share 49ersWebzone